The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

DavidE

Thanks, Lloyd and Steve. If I could have only one lens it would be the 24 lux.

All things considered, I would probably prefer a 28mm. I don't tend to use my 28 cron on the M9 because I wear glasses, and the frame lines are too tight. I figure if I have to move my head around to look for the frame lines, I might as well use the 24 lux with an external finder. I should probably try the 28 cron with the 24mm finder to see if I can guesstimate the frame lines.

More 24 lux goodness

panda81

All things considered, I would probably prefer a 28mm. I don't tend to use my 28 cron on the M9 because I wear glasses, and the frame lines are too tight. I figure if I have to move my head around to look for the frame lines, I might as well use the 24 lux with an external finder. I should probably try the 28 cron with the 24mm finder to see if I can guesstimate the frame lines.

More 24 lux goodness

oh, this one is fantastic! love it!

thrice

These will be boring to most but it shows you what I do with my M9 to make money. Most will consider an SLR and a lens with movements to be the champions in the real-estate environment, but with the extent of perspective corrections (I try to avoid these by using a spirit level) available in lightroom 3, the low distortion of rangefinder wide-angles and the IQ of the M9 I think the playing field is rather level.

I have so many of these I will refrain from posting too many as the subject is rather boring :p All shot with the M9 and 18mm Distagon.

Lloyd

These will be boring to most but it shows you what I do with my M9 to make money. Most will consider an SLR and a lens with movements to be the champions in the real-estate environment, but with the extent of perspective corrections (I try to avoid these by using a spirit level) available in lightroom 3, the low distortion of rangefinder wide-angles and the IQ of the M9 I think the playing field is rather level.

I have so many of these I will refrain from posting too many as the subject is rather boring :p All shot with the M9 and 18mm Distagon.
Those are gorgeous, Daniel. Well done indeed.

m_driscoll

LOL. What a great moment you captured. Love the processing as well. :thumbup:
I have, and love, that lens. Much under appreciated, in my estimation.
A match made in Heaven!:) Perfect Grab Mike!
Mike: +1, +1, :thumbs:

Very, very nice David. I would never have guess 24mm was used here.:salute:
Nice shot of Mr. Ed eying the 24 lux David!:D
David: +1, +1, Brilliant portraits! Brings out their personality.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

More 24 lux goodness
David: This is really beautiful. The 24mm is in good hands. I, also, love the 28mm. I think it's slightly more "normal", but with enough wide-angle pizazz. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

kirio

Great photos everyone. Daniel's samples with the 18mm Distagon are making me all the more excited to get one soon (got one from D&A at the Buy/Sell forum). I'm enjoying the M9, getting a little more comfortable shooting with it instead of a DSLR. Here's a few from a day trip to Muir Woods in Sausalito CA. All taken with the 50 Lux Pre-ASPH.

thrice

Anthony I love the woodland scenes, great catch with the little deer(?) :)

Not much (if any) mossy forests where I live :(

DavidE

Thanks, Jerry, Lloyd, and Matt.

I was really happy with the way the dark processing worked with the flowers.

Here's another one.