The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

9&Noct at iso 1000:)
Hey!! I know that place. On Hanover Street, just across the street and a little north of Maurizio's. Awesome!

Excellent set Nick!!!
+1. I especially love that shot of the women in the matching outfits.

Thanks, Jerry, Lloyd, and Matt.

I was really happy with the way the dark processing worked with the flowers.

Here's another one.

Yup, that works too. :thumbup:

Great photos everyone. Daniel's samples with the 18mm Distagon are making me all the more excited to get one soon (got one from D&A at the Buy/Sell forum). I'm enjoying the M9, getting a little more comfortable shooting with it instead of a DSLR. Here's a few from a day trip to Muir Woods in Sausalito CA. All taken with the 50 Lux Pre-ASPH.

Great set Anthony. This one of the deer looks like miniature. Very kewl.

Don Libby

Great photos everyone. Daniel's samples with the 18mm Distagon are making me all the more excited to get one soon (got one from D&A at the Buy/Sell forum). I'm enjoying the M9, getting a little more comfortable shooting with it instead of a DSLR. Here's a few from a day trip to Muir Woods in Sausalito CA. All taken with the 50 Lux Pre-ASPH.

Great images! I've been here once but want to return again.

Don

otumay

(The Western Blacksea saga continues)

After leaving Sinop and its prison-turned-into-museum, we headed south to Boyabat, a small town with its fortress and old houses reflecting the characteristic architecture of the region.

(M8 with 21mm Elmar and 28mm 'cron)

Lloyd

(The Western Blacksea saga continues)

After leaving Sinop and its prison-turned-into-museum, we headed south to Boyabat, a small town with its fortress and old houses reflecting the characteristic architecture of the region.

(M8 with 21mm Elmar and 28mm 'cron)
Very interesting Osman. How old is that fortress, if you know. I also found that house in the second image fascinating. The deterioration is just such that it allows a view of the manner of the construction. Very interesting. (Lovely foreground object in that one as well. :thumbup:)

otumay

Thank you for your interest Lloyd. The fortress was first constructed by Paflagonians in VI.century BC, later to be modified and enlarged by Greeks, Byzantines and Turks.
The houses are constructed in such a way that the building moves and sways with earthquakes, reducing the risk of damage. And last but not the least, I have waited for any interesting foreground objects to come into my perspective;)

Lloyd

Thank you for your interest Lloyd. The fortress was first constructed by Paflagonians in VI.century BC, later to be modified and enlarged by Greeks, Byzantines and Turks.
The houses are constructed in such a way that the building moves and sways with earthquakes, reducing the risk of damage. And last but not the least, I have waited for any interesting foreground objects to come into my perspective;)
Very interesting Osman. The history there is fascinating to me.

Making the buildings "flexible", is very clever, and makes total sense to me. I lived in Puerto Rico, where there are also a lot of earthquakes, and a lot of poor construction methods, and the damage was often significant, and predictable. Great job selecting the "foreground object". By the way, are there a lot of fair haired people in Turkey? My brother's family hosted a teenage exchange student from Turkey who was blond. So I've often wondered.

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Jerry, Lloyd, and Matt.

I was really happy with the way the dark processing worked with the flowers.

Here's another one.

Wow, outstanding, David. Love the burst of energy in this image, even depsite that they are static flowers. There's a real energy here!

ashwinrao1

Great stuff, Anthony!!!!