The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

The master of the Thumbs Up, Mr. Tim Isaac himself! He's a photographer, an engineer, a entrepreneur, and a true gentleman...one of the greatest contributors to the Leica community, and a good buddy. Here are a few from our photo stroll earlier this week:

Mike Woods

Hi all - hope you're set for a great weekend. Had a shocking week at work (this is me and my boss :deadhorse: - guess which is which) so for me the weekend started lunchtime :D
Here are a few from this afternoon, all M8 and CV75mm f/2.5. Having some real framing problems with this lens so there is a fair amount of cropping here, but this is only the 2nd time out with it so we'll see how it goes. Hope there's something here you like:

What kind of face do you pull when you make a picture?

This one kinda sums up my week:

And finally, everything came right again. The highlight of my week anyway:

Thanks for looking.

Mike

ashwinrao1

Hi all - hope you're set for a great weekend. Had a shocking week at work (this is me and my boss :deadhorse: - guess which is which) so for me the weekend started lunchtime :D
Here are a few from this afternoon, all M8 and CV75mm f/2.5. Having some real framing problems with this lens so there is a fair amount of cropping here, but this is only the 2nd time out with it so we'll see how it goes. Hope there's something here you like:

Thanks for looking.

Mike

All lovely, Mike. My favorite is the last. How did you process this?

Lloyd

Thanks for looking.

Mike
Some great shots Mike. Hard to choose a favorite. (I hope you have work to go back to on Monday:eek:)

Funny you mention the framing issues. That's my only complaint with that lens.

shtarka1

The master of the Thumbs Up, Mr. Tim Isaac himself! He's a photographer, an engineer, a entrepreneur, and a true gentleman...one of the greatest contributors to the Leica community, and a good buddy. Here are a few from our photo stroll earlier this week:

Ash...someone has to do it so it might as well be me...:thumbs:! Excellent!:)

Lloyd

Great shots Ashwin. You do run with some fast company, don't you! :D

m_driscoll

Anthony: Beautiful images from Muir woods. The deer photo's esp. nice.:thumbup:
David: That's also a terrific photo. The B & W has exceptional detail and gradation of tone. :thumbup:
Nick: Looks like an Estonian Country Fair. Well done photos. The second with the horse and the third with the gussied up women are my favs. :thumbup:
Steve: Wonderfully composed and colored night shot! :thumbup: Good Italian food?
Osman: Your excellent photos from your trip are really giving me a new impression of your diverse and beautiful country. Literally at the crossroads of history. Also, +1 for what Lloyd said on both counts. BTW, that flexibility is the primary element in modern earthquake-proof structural design. :salute:
Steve: Cool bike shot! I like the sliver of brick framing on the right. :thumbup:
Ashwin: Nicely done. Looks like crab pots in the background of the last photo. Near fisherman's Terminal? :thumbup:
Mike: Stellar captures! Each is unique, well-composed, pp'd and, most importantly, entertaining! Have a better weekend then week.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Mike Woods

All lovely, Mike. My favorite is the last. How did you process this?
Thank you Ashwin. The last one was just a couple of clicks in LR3, thanks to the versatility of presets :D

Some great shots Mike. Hard to choose a favorite. (I hope you have work to go back to on Monday:eek:)

Funny you mention the framing issues. That's my only complaint with that lens.
Lloyd, many thanks. I guess I should be blaming framelines rather than the lens itself, which is certainly living up to its excellent reputation.

Love these 2!
Steve, thank you - have a great weekend.

Mike: Stellar captures! Each is unique, well-composed, pp'd and, most importantly, entertaining! Have a better weekend then week.

Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt - yep the job's still there :(

All the best

Mike

otumay

Very interesting Osman. The history there is fascinating to me.

Making the buildings "flexible", is very clever, and makes total sense to me. I lived in Puerto Rico, where there are also a lot of earthquakes, and a lot of poor construction methods, and the damage was often significant, and predictable. Great job selecting the "foreground object". By the way, are there a lot of fair haired people in Turkey? My brother's family hosted a teenage exchange student from Turkey who was blond. So I've often wondered.
Majority here is dark haired, Lloyd. There are some regions where this does not hold; Black Sea coast and the European part of Turkey comes to mind. The people are so ethnically diverse that it is hard to describe common characteristics. I find this fascinating.

otumay

This one is my favorite, too, Osman -- both for the content and composition. Love the texture of the stone and the winding wall. Great use of a wide-angle lens.
Thank you, David. I was also fortunate to have that lady standing on the wall.

otumay

Osman: Your excellent photos from your trip are really giving me a new impression of your diverse and beautiful country. Literally at the crossroads of history. Also, +1 for what Lloyd said on both counts. BTW, that flexibility is the primary element in modern earthquake-proof structural design. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Matt, thank you very much for your remarks regarding my shots and Turkey. I still find it hard to get used to living with so much history, in spite of my nearly sixty years in this country.

otumay

Mike: That last shot with the small boy posing is a masterpiece!
Nick: Excellent photos! They reflect a distant land with very different ambience. Thank for sharing.

steflaurent974

Wow, what a bunch of great shots guys !

Just two :

The first M9 with the 90 Cron Apo (processed in ACR) :

And the second one, M9 with the Canon 50mm F0.95, with moving and out of focus , but I like it anyway ! And over saturated.

Both have been "grainified" in CS5.