The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Lovely captures, Daniel! That Biogon-C is a real gem, and pairs very well with the 75 APO cron in your capable hands!

otumay

Nearing the end of my Western Black Sea saga, we arrived at Kastamonu, a city with a rebellious history and lots of historical buildings. This was my third visit, so I could concentrate on the less important but nevertheless attention grabbing sights.

M8 with 21mm Elmarit (the first three shots) and 28mm 'cron (last shot)

Peaceful alley with pigeons:

Creative talent:

Old man praying:

Mr.Rooster and family:

Lloyd

Nearing the end of my Western Black Sea saga, we arrived at Kastamonu, a city with a rebellious history and lots of historical buildings. This was my third visit, so I could concentrate on the less important but nevertheless attention grabbing sights.

Creative talent:

Old man praying:

Mr.Rooster and family:
A truly wonderful set Osman. And that last image is simply stunning. Yes, I think you are a "creative genius"! :thumbup:

ashwinrao1

Creative talent:

Old man praying:

Mr.Rooster and family:

Outstanding Osman, the whole series really shines and deserves to be seen twice on this page, if not more. Lovely!!!

otumay

Lloyd, Don, Mike and Ashwin: I am grateful for your continuous appreciation and enthusiasm gentlemen, thank you very kindly:salute:

m_driscoll

No Matt I didn't dodge the grain. In fact I have created a Grey 55% layer on top, then I use the Add Noise (Gaussian 4% monochrome), and then put the layer in overlay so that the grain appears only in the areas wich contain matters or texture.
I find it a good way to add grain, and you can adjust the opacity ...

By the way I found 4% is good for 900-1200pixels wide pics, for native M9 files, 9% to 11% of Gaussian Noise is good.

The important thing is to add the grain as a final treatment : if you have to sharpen your image do it first, so you won't amplify the grain !

That's it.
Stephane: Thanks for the info. I looked in CS5 and the only possibility that i saw was the "Add Noise". I'll have to try this. Well, attempt it, anyway. Yours was masterfully done.. :thumbup:

Gotta love abandoned houses that are so dilapidated they have even been abandoned by the homeless squatters. A few things to note, the doorknob picture is from a door smashed onto the ground, and notice the lock on the OUTSIDE of the door to the room with the unicorns on the wall. All M9 and 75mm APO-Summicron, except last one 35/2.8 ZM C-Biogon.

Daniel: Striking images! Wonderful subject isolation and color. White toast and Shiraz Cabernet, not an ideal "pairing"? Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Creative talent:

Mr.Rooster and family:

Osman: Sad, our journey's almost over! These are really great. Each one different, well composed and pp'd. Notwithstanding, your excellent self-portrait, that last one is really, really, good. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

otumay

Steve: Thank you very much, your praise is much appreciated.
Matt: Thank you my friend, you accompanied me during the whole trip. And a keen eye too, noticing the self-portrait:thumbup:

thrice

Thankyou Lloyd, Matt and ashwin. Great shots Osman :) Great to see a series representing an area I may never get to visit.

kuau

Workshop Member
Bart my 8 year old beagle.
M9, Summarit 35, SF 24D Flash manual.
I just can't get over the IQ of the M9, wow... what a camera.

Steven

sjg284

My Mumbai trip put me out of commission for a full week..
Glad to no longer be homebound, got out and took a few today.

Made it back to the gym finally, and then we took a walk to get some food..

Encountered this guy on the way

Ventured across the park after lunch, lots of tourists about. Great mild, breezy, sunny day.. not many of these left.

And if the next one looks a little hazy/smokey, it was.
This was the last shot before ducking into the subway.
Most of UES & UWS were blanketed in smoke from a NYC DOS pier fire this afternoon.

m_driscoll

Another from yesterday, part of an experiment in shooting from the hip. M8 + 50mm Nokton f/1.5, uncropped:

Regards
Mike
Mike: I missed this one. Well done. :thumbup: My experiments at doing that are usually unsuccessful.

A shot of mine taken last year made it to the Leica's M8 Master Shots! Choice of subject played an important role, methinks:ROTFL:
http://gallery.lfi-online.de/gallery//thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-2775
Osman: Congratulations! It's an excellent photo. :thumbup:

Bart my 8 year old beagle.
M9, Summarit 35, SF 24D Flash manual.
I just can't get over the IQ of the M9, wow... what a camera.
Steven
Steven: Great photo of Bart. The color and detail are perfect. :thumbup:

Ventured across the park after lunch, lots of tourists about. Great mild, breezy, sunny day.. not many of these left.
And if the next one looks a little hazy/smokey, it was.
This was the last shot before ducking into the subway.
Most of UES & UWS were blanketed in smoke from a NYC DOS pier fire this afternoon.
Steve: Welcome back to the living. Great set of well done images. I like the color, composition and focus in this first one.

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

Beautiful Execution & PP Steve!