The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

eleanorbrown

Don, yes I'm shooting the monotones in RAW then converting in C1. I've listened to the Luminous Landscape video tutorials on C1 with Walter (with Phase One) and Michael Reichmann and have learned some things that have helped me with RAW processing in C1 (how to pull out more shadow detail for one thing)...On these 3 monotone images think I used the Panchromatic style on all three which was a good starting point. eleanor

Then the monotones - are you shooting RAW then converting?

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks Don.

Thanks Eleanor ... it's the Noctilux stopped down. Although I'll only admit to it this one time, I have stopped the lens down to f5.6 once or twice just to see if it would function at that setting. ;) Very nice images with the M9 and that other pixel machine you are carrying.

Thanks, Steve.

ashwinrao1

Mimi left the house at 5:45am this morning, and pulled into the driveway at 9:25pm tonight. About 10 minutes later, I looked out and she was still sitting in her car sending composing an email to a co-worker. Just another typical day!

I went out and shot this through the car window. The only light is from the screen of her phone.

M8, Nocti 1.0 @ f1,0, 1/4 sec, ISO 2500:
Woooo, ghostly and mysterious...almost David Lynchian, Lloyd. I was thinking of you as I headed back home through Salt Lake City last night! Sunset over the great Salt Lake was beautiful!

Lloyd

Woooo, ghostly and mysterious...almost David Lynchian, Lloyd. I was thinking of you as I headed back home through Salt Lake City last night! Sunset over the great Salt Lake was beautiful!
Thanks Ashwin. I know what you mean about those sunsets there. I've wanted for some time to arrange a flight to shoot the sunset from the air. All that water in the wetlands around the lake proper makes for some interesting, and colorful reflections.

m_driscoll

Very nice light & tone Matt!
Steve: Thanks, my friend! :D

I have a question for those who shoot with a 24mm lens on the m9... I jst ordered one and DO NOT want to bother with the external finder...how easy is it to estimate the framing through the regular camera viewfinder? Thanks Eleanor
Eleanor: For what it's worth, i don't use one. Wonder if David has one?

+1 :salute:
Endre: Thank you! :D

Endre: Nice image! I like the tone and the vignetting. Very "atmospheric". :thumbup:

Buddy Nate Sutter of Duncan YoYos. Still working on the levels...
Mark: Nice capture. Thanks for posting. :thumbup:

Really digging the composition of this one. The wraparound bench creates a frame around the homeless guy, and I like the selective focus.
Mike: Thank you! :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Gorgeous shots Eleanor. That first one just jumps off the screen.
Nice b/w. I especially like that last shot. Has a timeless quality to it. :thumbup:
Beautiiful B&W shots eleanor :)
Nice capture Eleanor; isn't a joy to have such cooperative subjects:clap:
Stunning Work Eleanor!!!
Eleanor: +1 x's 5, what they said. The tone of the B&W's perfect for the subjects. I really like the framing of the colorchorse photo. There's a sense that the horses go on and on. The low horizon in the first landscape and the beautiful clouds are excellent. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

A couple of candids with the ZM 50mm C-Sonnar, near MFD and wide open.

[/IMG]
Daniel: Nice captures. I like this first one. Caught the moment. :thumbup:

A few with the Noctilux ...
One more, a little softer and in color.
Kurt
Kurt: I really like these two. Simple and elegant. :thumbup:

Great image! This reminds me of Denver Pyle...
Don: Thanks! :D I just googled Denver Pyle. He does.

m8, cv 35
Endre: Great detail, tone, and focus! :thumbup:

Outstanding, Matt. Think I may have seen this guy down there at some point!
Ashwin: Thanks. :D He's a fixture at the market. I've photographed him numerous times. A lot of slightly dirty looks.

Cheers, Matt