The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Shooting some engagement pics with the M9...will probably take on their wedding with a similar set up. They are so in-love, made my life easy as a photog!

m9/50 lux asph

m9/Noct 0.95

m9/apo-cron 90

CharlesK

Awesome shots Ashwin. Beautiful rendering and tones. Love them. They must have been so pleased with the shots!

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Really nice shots Joe! :) My fav is #3, even with the harsh lighting there is no detail lost.
Joe: +1. I ageree on the 3rd shot. There's great detail and i like the way the people are spaced/layered in the vegetation. :thumbup:

Steve, Joe, Charles, Matt (hope I haven't missed any one here!) appreciate your comments on my moving car images...especially the Denver Bronco! Lloyd haunting images of the fire (we've had a major costly forest fire near here in Boulder, CO recently), and Matt, love the portrait of your wife...very very well done I think!

Got down the river late this evening and the pink glow in the clouds was fading very fast. Managed to get a few..all taken with my new 24 2.8, which I'm really enjoying! This lens rendered the pine needles incredibly tack sharp in the last image...eleanor

Eleanor: Elegantly quiet photos and colors. :thumbup: and, thank you :D

Matt, your wife deserves more pictures. Love the rich and gently evocative rendering here!
Ashwin: Thanks. I have to sneak them. There were tall windows to the left that provided nice light. And, of course the nocti. Although, I wonder if the metadata's wrong? The area in focus seems deep at that distance for f/1? :D

Awesome shots Ashwin. Beautiful rendering and tones. Love them. They must have been so pleased with the shots!
Ashwin: +1. They've got a smorgasbord of beautiful photos to enjoy, share, and cull down for an "album" (generic term for the myriad of ways wedding photos are ultimately presented and saved these days) . Great framing and pp. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Sunday's post, from Hyde Park, London. M8 + 35mm cron v.!V; ISO 320 and f16 to maximize depth of field. This is 15 handheld frames stitched in Photoshop. I've included a 1:1 crop to illustrate detail.

eleanorbrown

I'm really impressed Woody!!! Incredible stitch of a lovely image. I'm tried stitching with not much luck. I'm going to have to work on my technique after seeing yours! eleanor

Sunday's post, from Hyde Park, London. M8 + 35mm cron v.!V; ISO 320 and f16 to maximize depth of field. This is 15 handheld frames stitched in Photoshop. I've included a 1:1 crop to illustrate detail.

eleanorbrown

LLoyd, Ashwin, Otumay, Matt, thanks very much for your comments on my river photos. Sadly, I will leave all too soon for the city and won't return here to Colorado until snow covers the ground! eleanor

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Yet another take on the Seagram Building - from my post for September 14.

M9 + 90mm elmarit, which if not always on the camera is my constant companion.

CharlesK

Thank you Lloyd, Otumay :)
Excellent shots Woody! I am always amazed at stitching, as it is not easy to do it well. I love it.
Eleanor thank you, yes this is a really nice part of Australia. I have spent a lot in the past in Colorada, Boulder and lived in Houston for 2 years for business :)