The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

Really nice shot Lloyd :) Sometimes a retake of the same subject gives such a different perspective and feel.
Lloyd: Simple and elegant in composition and color. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Outstanding, Lloyd. Glad you and Steve had a great time, despite the challenges of the photographic subject of the day...This image really flows for me....I am enjoying it greatly, the patterns, the subtle shadow/highlight detail, it all really flows well!
Thanks all, much appreciated.

sjg284

Slow weekend here. Recovery & domesticity.
Spent 20 minutes this morning calibrating my RF. All you need is an allen wrench. I thought my Nokton was the problem, until I got another lens.. Wish I did this 4 months ago!
Earlier in the week I installed griptac.. really a whole new feel.

A properly-focussed, gratuitous self-portrait, now that my RF is calibrated.
M8 & VC 50/1.5

Passing through columbus circle on the way back from lunch..
M8 & Avenon 28/3.5

And my other time waster as of late.. making preservers/jams/whatever.
Fig/Apple/Orange.. pre-jamming
Again a shot I could not have nailed RF calibration.
M8 & VC 50/1.5

Lloyd

Spent 20 minutes this morning calibrating my RF. All you need is an allen wrench. I thought my Nokton was the problem, until I got another lens.. Wish I did this 4 months ago!

M8 & VC 50/1.5

Passing through columbus circle on the way back from lunch..
M8 & Avenon 28/3.5

M8 & VC 50/1.5
Nice shots all... as tasty as your preserves must be.

Where did you find out how to calibrate your rangefinder?

sjg284

Lloyd- thanks
I trawled around rangefinderforum, l-camera forum, and google pointed me towards nemeng.
Mine was the simplest kind of adjustment.
I knew the close focus was off, but then noticed even at infinity my RF patch was not 100% lined up.
Thus the whole range was off.
Properly set infinity, and the whole range is on again.

I read far too many posts, but these were the most helpful-
nemeng - followed the few short paragraphs at the top under "Horizontal RF Adjustment".
l-camera forum - This is a good step-by-step, though for M8 I used a 2mm allen/hex. Note I only adjusted (B), as my infinity was off. I did not touch (A).

Lloyd

Lloyd- thanks
I trawled around rangefinderforum, l-camera forum, and google pointed me towards nemeng.
Mine was the simplest kind of adjustment.
I knew the close focus was off, but then noticed even at infinity my RF patch was not 100% lined up.
Thus the whole range was off.
Properly set infinity, and the whole range is on again.

I read far too many posts, but these were the most helpful-
nemeng - followed the few short paragraphs at the top under "Horizontal RF Adjustment".
l-camera forum - This is a good step-by-step, though for M8 I used a 2mm allen/hex. Note I only adjusted (B), as my infinity was off. I did not touch (A).
Thanks Steve. Much appreciated.

Braeside

Although this was fine in colour I prefer the mono version of this one of Calvi in Corsica. What a gorgeous place it was.

I wouldn't stand up on that wall either!

Braeside

LLoyd, thanks again, this was my favourite lens the 18mm Distagon ZM on the M8. Just a yellow filter applied in Aperture.

Braeside

This is where I was struggling with the M8 in very low light on the deck of the ship at night. The Rocking Reverend was doing his stuff, but ISO 1250 and f/2.5 was the best I had available. Forgot to take the IR filter off and got a patch of flare as well :-(

sjg284

David - lovely stuff.
Especially the Calvi shot.
Makes me want to go Med. island hopping.

Eleanor - "Mountains using my 75 cron and river the 24 2.8." GREAT shot. Layers of color and texture, wonderful.

CharlesK

I like the rendering and PP in your shots Steve. Making sure the camera is calibrated makes a huge difference :D
Really nice images David :)
MPK, great images with 50 Summicron!

Here is a shot with the ZM 50/2 Planar and M9.

m_driscoll

M8 & VC 50/1.5

Passing through columbus circle on the way back from lunch.

M8 & VC 50/1.5
Steve: I liked this one and the "jam" shot. Cool that you did your own adjustment. I get nervous cleaning the sensor. :thumbup:

One from a recent visit to Porto and Graham's Port for a tasting.
David: An excellent, untypical, photo of the famous bridge. Well done. I liked the others too.

Manhattan, M9 and 50 Summicron
MPK: Nice set of photos. Beautiful composition and pp. This one's exceptional with the vertical framing , the flag and the man. A lot to look at and make you think

I like the rendering and PP in your shots Steve. Making sure the camera is calibrated makes a huge difference.
Really nice images David
MPK, great images with 50 Summicron!
Here is a shot with the ZM 50/2 Planar and M9.
Charles: Very pretty! :thumbup: What is it?

A few more from Christchurch
boymerang: The last is a great capture. This one reminds me of flying North of here into B.C.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

CharlesK

Thanks Matt :) The flower is a "bird of paradise".
Boymerang, really nice shots. I really like the capture from the plane. :)

Here are 2 shots of my son with the 90 Summicron APO and the M9.