The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Leif, Kurt, Steven, Joe, Mike, Eleanor, Woody, Stef, et all, really amazing stuff, just on this page, from all of you! Stand up and inspirational work. Reminds me that fall's not only coming, it's here! The color tones have changed!

eleanorbrown

Many thanks Ashwin...and I will say the same for your last four images...great color but also excellent B&W processing on the first and last one. What do you use for raw processing? Eleanor

Wow, Eleanor, amazing work, in both capture and processing these images!

Last edited:

CharlesK

Leif, Kurt, Steven, Joe, Mike, Eleanor, Woody, Stef, et all, really amazing stuff, just on this page, from all of you! Stand up and inspirational work. Reminds me that fall's not only coming, it's here! The color tones have changed!
+1

Eleanor, beautiful images! The tones and rendering is amazing. :thumbup:

Ashwin, love your shots of Philly! I really like the mood to #1.

Steven, there have been numerous issues on browser colour management, so maybe use Firefox as a browser, in colour managed mode. This may resolve your issues. :)

A portrait shot with the 90 Summicron APO

m_driscoll

Back to the M world, here are a few shots
Paris from The Jules Vernes Restaurant. (Tour Eiffel)
Myfavorite and nearest seaside spot...
Same spot...

That's it for the moment,
Taken with the M9, Cron 50 the first and cron 28 the 3 others.
Stef: Nice to see you post again. These are brilliant! I really like the simple, natural, color palette in this photo and the way it "rolls" off to the right . The vignetting in the upper right pushes the eye down to follow the bluff around. Nicely done. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Mike Woods

Charles, Lloyd, Kurt, Chris and Steve - thank you all so much for taking the time to comment.

How about some pigeons?

Regards

Mike

Lloyd

OK one more time, same images but I processed them in Capture One.
Fantastic stuff Steve. I especially like the one with the pond.

Hmm,
Stupid question.
I am on a Mac, running Safari of course, and when I upload images to the forum, the images look totally different then what they look like on my screen.
Yes I am saving them as 8 bit jpegs SRGB profile...
Any ideas?
Steven
Maybe Charles' suggestion for using Firefox will work for you. I'm using a Mac and Safari, and will occasionally see small variations in color, but it's generally pretty good. Are you profiling your monitor?

Lloyd

Charles, Lloyd, Kurt, Chris and Steve - thank you all so much for taking the time to comment.

How about some pigeons?

Regards

Mike
Great shots yet again Mike. That second shot is a classic.

A couple of things about that last one strike me. I like the tie in of the couple's red scarves and the red lettering on the store front. One thing has me wondering, however. So, if I buy something from that store I'll just be in fashion temporarily? I suppose it was ever thus. :D

CharlesK

Great shots Mike:)
Sorry Lloyd, see if this posting works correctly.

Shots from this afternoon, a very interesting person wanting some shots, with 90 Cron APO and M9.

eleanorbrown

Leif, I particularly am drawn to the smooth tones and "quietness" of this image.....very nice B&W processing too! I will be heading to Oslo, then on to Svalbard next June....and will be taking my Leica so hope to get some incredible water shots too! Eleanor

So many great images, folks!

We - in the cold North - are seeing the heels of Autumn and Winter lurking behind. Frost this morning. And a fantastic weather for a week now. Lucky me have been able to work at home a bit, so long hikes in the woods in between reading sessions and one to the Oslofjord shore today. M8 and CV 1,4/35.
leif e

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay, all I can add to this wonderful thread is I miss my digital M... One day I hope to have another M9 and a few primes. In the meantime, at least I get to live vicariously through your image posts --- thanks!

kuau

Workshop Member
Thanks Ashwin, Eleanor, Charles, Lloyd, and Matt...

I did try using Firefox also and same results. hmmm... When I click on a jpg and it brings it up in the preview app, looks correct, PS5, same thing looks good. It's only in the browser my images look over saturated. Oh well.. I will do so more investigating.

Jack and Guy, come on, jump back on the Leica bandwagon, It's the closest thing to MF I have seen to date.

Steven