The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

kuau

Workshop Member
Charles,
Must be my wide gamut NEC monitor.
Thanks for your input

Steven
Thank you Kurt :) Nice shot of Milwaukee lake front.
Nice shot Vlad! The 24 Lux is a great lens :)
Amazing series Woody. No often I see shots with the 135 APO.
Nice shots Ron, my favourite is #1.
George, really nice shots from Hilton Fall.
Eleanor, still admiring your shots from Snake river. Amazing blue, and as you have suggested, almost like a glacial melt.
Thank you Eleanor, for sharing your thoughts with your journey with the M9. My path to having a M9, is only a recent one, since July. I had no intent, but having explored all the options of smaller cameras, I finally opted for the M9, because of IQ, and the outstanding lenses that are available. I must admit it has been a steep learning with PP to maximise the potential of the DNG files. Having 5DII with ZE lenses, although lighter than MF, still becomes very cumbersome and obtrusive. I now find I am using the M9, about 95% of the time, and it is fun to use :D

Steven, definitely sound like a colour management issue with your browser. This can be an issue with wide gamut monitors. There are whole threads on this issue. Good luck :)

CharlesK

Steven, I also have the NEC Multi sync PA 241W. Brilliant monitor, as you can have two concurrent calibrations. I have sRGB and wide Gamut, wider than Adobe sRGB for photo editing. When viewing on the web, or anything targeted for the web, I use the calibrated sRGB. Then are no issues with colour even with FireFox. I apologise if this is off topic, but I thought this might help. Charles

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Charles,
Must be my wide gamut NEC monitor.
Thanks for your input

Steven
Steven - This is odd - from your gear inventory in your signature you could be my doppleganger - very similar stuff, down to the printer. I grew up in Utah. Perhaps something in the water there.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Today's post. M9 + 16mm CZ Hologon, adapted to M mount. I'm using it here with the center weighted graduated filter so the effective f-stop (which is not adjustable on this lens) is f16, requiring slow shutter speeds - thus the movement. This is the most compact (and weirdest) M lens. There was a Hologon that was made for the M - this one was made for the Contax G2 and adopted for M mount by a previous owner.

eleanorbrown

Woody this is one I wish I'd taken...absolutely love the mysterious movement here! eleanor

Today's post. M9 + 16mm CZ Hologon, adapted to M mount. I'm using it here with the center weighted graduated filter so the effective f-stop (which is not adjustable on this lens) is f16, requiring slow shutter speeds - thus the movement. This is the most compact (and weirdest) M lens. There was a Hologon that was made for the M - this one was made for the Contax G2 and adopted for M mount by a previous owner.

eleanorbrown

Last Hoorah on the Snake River. Next time I see it, it will be frozen over! Found this area this evening I never have noticed before and I've been here in this part of Colorado for the last 32 years. Interesting but kina weird section of river unlike any other section I've ever seen. Huge boulders that are discolored/bleached by mine tailings runoff much higher up...same stuff that gives the water a cloudy bluish look. Evening light made all the colors interesting...Rock had an interesting natural reddish color it it also. Very hard to color balance as there was very little neutral tones around! Eleanor

24 Elmarit and 75 Cron lenses

CharlesK

Thank you Eleanor :) Again love the shots of the river. Such unusual colours, almost seems surreal.
Woody, what a great shot! Fascinating with the movement.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Fabulous images.

Last Hoorah on the Snake River. Next time I see it, it will be frozen over! Found this area this evening I never have noticed before and I've been here in this part of Colorado for the last 32 years. Interesting but kina weird section of river unlike any other section I've ever seen. Huge boulders that are discolored/bleached by mine tailings runoff much higher up...same stuff that gives the water a cloudy bluish look. Evening light made all the colors interesting...Rock had an interesting natural reddish color it it also. Very hard to color balance as there was very little neutral tones around! Eleanor

24 Elmarit and 75 Cron lenses

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Awesome capture Woody, classic Leica M! :thumbs:

kuau

Workshop Member
OT:
It seems that my images appear incorrect only on getdpi
when I compared my images side by side on my website kuau.com
they display correctly.
How do I post images besides using the "manage attachments" I wonder if that somehow changes the color

Steven

kuau

Workshop Member
Thanks Jack
On this image I used the img html code and the image displays correctly on my screen, it matches, yet if I use the "Manage Attachments" then the color shifts.
Steven