The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

leif e

Heavy autumn rain and foggy skies loan a particular almost sinister feel and tone to the woods. And I like it.:D

I also love it when I come over the traces left by people who lived and worked in my beloved woods long ago; an old fallen down stone wall, a tree once planted to shade a small farm house (house now gone), a track.
M8, CV 1,4/35, Silver Efex Pro
leif e

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Dreamteam :thumbs: old or new Lux?

Yogi
Latest 6 bit version of the old Lux... wide open, of course :) I do love the rendering from the new .095 Noct but find the 35mm focal length (and close focusing distance) more useful for this kind of shooting.

Lloyd

Heavy autumn rain and foggy skies loan a particular almost sinister feel and tone to the woods. And I like it.:D

I also love it when I come over the traces left by people who lived and worked in my beloved woods long ago; an old fallen down stone wall, a tree once planted to shade a small farm house (house now gone), a track.
M8, CV 1,4/35, Silver Efex Pro
leif e

These are all wonderful Leif, but that last one is pure magic. :bugeyes:

Lloyd

:thumbup:Ok... buried with work just now, and hopelessly behind on commenting on the consistently amazing work posted here. Let me just say this at least:

Charles: Great Gold Coast street shots, and the "after the rain" shots... wow! Loved the casual portrait too. I think I prefer the b/w, but both are nice.
Woody: The shots with the 16 are amazing. I didn't even know that lens existed.
Leif: Priceless shot of your daughter and her cousin's baby.
Don: Wonderful stuff in Ouray (including Sandy's), and the river and color shots too. Loved the old cars as well.
summarita: Wow. Great portraits!
Joe: Very nice... Dammit man, you went and made me homesick again!
Steven: I said it already, but I'll say it again, those shots at Silver Lake are great! (Glad you escaped that moose!) The other autumn shots are really nice as well.
Steve: Excellent set. I especially like the self-portrait.
Mike: I swear everything you post here is classic Leica magic... the bridesmaids and the onlookers in particular. Love the shadows and diagonals shot a lot as well.
Kurt: Gorgeous images. Loved the falls especially.
boymerang: Great Nocti shots, that last of the child over the shoulder is priceless.
Ashwin: Wow. Where to even begin. Those NYC shots are unbelievable! Some of the Nocti stuff looks like tilt/shift. And your eye never fails. Really wonderful wedding shots as well.
Jan: Great catch with Lunch Break. Nice b/w as well. The color shot is great too.
Eleanor: I'm going to miss your Colorado shots, but those passing lights shots are a lot of fun too. Hope you made it safely to Houston.
David: The Oyster bar shots are wonderful. Love the warm light. Great composition.

So... I hope I haven't missed anyone. If so, it certainly isn't intentional, and I'm sure I loved your work!:thumbup:

Thanks everyone, for the consistent inspiration. :salute:

Don Libby

As usual as I glance over the forum today and look at all these great, intelligent, well thought out images, I'm going to seem insane..but hey, what does one do when you've been on the road for 12 hours and still have a half hour until we reach the motel for the night on the way back to Houston from colorful Colorado in the Fall?....Well I pulled out my M9 and 50 lux and start shooting all the 18 wheelers that pass us...on the left...on the right....everywhere...most ,as usual, going at break neck speeds past our SUV. (and no, I wasn't driving!!) Here's to some crazy colorful night abstracts! eleanor

Great story and images. Now I know what I'll do next time Sandy drives ...

Don Libby

My contribution from yesterday while driving into Jackson. The first 2-images were taken with the 24mm while the last with the 135.

Don

ashwinrao1

Thanks again to everyone! Lloyd, welcome back. Hopefully the work isn't too stifling.

Here's one more from Phili, taken, I believe, with the 24 lux asph:

And one, quite heavily processed:

ashwinrao1

And there's something about this one, also heavily modified, that I dig...very heavyhanded processing, but hey, what the heck...

kuau

Workshop Member
Ashwin,
Not only are your images excellent, but your PP skills are amazing.
You need to put together a Leica /PP workshop. I would signup for sure..

-steven

ashwinrao1

Thanks so much for your kind words, Steven. Having fun, learning a lot while I'm at it. Glad that the images are well received...