The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

shtarka1

Picasso's at the Seattle Art Museum. This is in Post Alley; a block away. Cheers, Matt.

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/350s @ f/1.7; ISO 80

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Pike Place Market. The musician in the hat was just enjoying the sitar player. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/8; -2/3 EV; ISO 80

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/2000s @ f/1.7; -2/3 EV; ISO 80

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/2000s @ f/1.7; -2/3 EV; ISO 80

Color,IQ,Subject...Awesome Work With The 24 Lux Matt!

kuau

Workshop Member
Don,
Really nice stuff with the 135mm. Just curious, is it hard to focus the 135 on the M9?

Steven

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Steve, Devilish Red Flare (or is it flair?) is awesome...... :bugeyes: Rock & rollin' :thumbs:

Love the sunrise (?), too.

Don Libby

Don,
Really nice stuff with the 135mm. Just curious, is it hard to focus the 135 on the M9?

Steven

Thanks Steve. The 135 is a little more tricky to focus than even the 90mm. I learned very quickly to focus on the horns. There's a heck of a lot that shouldn't be viewed unless heavily medicated due to the focus (or lack of). :ROTFL:

Don

ashwinrao1

So much awesomeness since I last logged on, it's hard to comprehend!!!

1. Don, the buffalo shots! Outstanding...perfectly captured!
2. Steve, my Gosh, every capture in your last set...the car, the....I'm at a loss...AMAZING, Dude!!!
2, Kurt: Your inspirational captures continue. That flag just jumps off the screen! Great reportage!!!
4. Matt: The Indian Musician series is AMAZING!!!ANd, the Post Alley Pealing Posters...wow!
5. Steven, honestly, the fall color shots remind me of colorized Ansel Adams work. AMAZING work combining the colors with the snow, but gotta say the last is my fav!

I am a bit overwhelmed. Lovely stuff. You guys are all artists of the highest regard!!!!

ashwinrao1

Steve,
Yeah that guy with the underarmour hat really DOES know what he's doing, and I'll be excited to see more magic from that guy and his new lens ;)....

shtarka1

Steve, Devilish Red Flare (or is it flair?) is awesome...... :bugeyes: Rock & rollin' :thumbs:

Love the sunrise (?), too.
C...Its Great To See You Here! Yeah, We Got Up At 4:30 Am & Drove 30 Minutes South To Bourne,Ma (Beginning Of Cape Cod) To Catch The Sunrise & Also Test Out The New 21 Lux! Had A Fun Time. Just Need To Figure Out How To Master This Wide Angle & View Finder! It's Definitely Different! Thanks For Stopping By Corlan & Appreciate It Greatly My Friend!
So much awesomeness since I last logged on, it's hard to comprehend!!!

Steve, my Gosh, every capture in your last set...the car, the....I'm at a loss...AMAZING, Dude!!!
Ash, Thanks Very Much For The Support! This Lens Is Amazing! I Will Need Some More Practice For Sure But Im Willing To Put The Time In! :)

m_driscoll

What I love best about this thread is its willy-nilly nature. It's a pleasure to open it up each day to see what's new and interesting from such a fine group of fellow photographers. Cheers.

Here are a few more images from the immigration reform march I shot earlier in the year. Personally, I find it fascinating to try to capture the emotions of the people and events caught in the middle ... between the increasingly politically polarized ends of the spectrum that have come to define American living.

Since I have a camera and can make the effort to try to attend these events, I'm consciously trying to more often seek out as many of these situations as I can. It's mostly out of curiosity, a need to understand an issue and the challenge of trying to photographically express the emotion expressed by the participants.

Sometimes my efforts fall flat ... but at other times, if I feel like I'm getting closer to inserting the viewer into the event. In those instances, I feel like I've succeeded in providing insight into the human condition that is more than just a manufactured sound bite.

Many apologies for indulging in my philosophical meandering.

Kurt

Kurt: Well seen! It's instructive to read what you intended to convey with these photos. I think you're succeeding. Knowing what the event is, helps to see the people in that context, and interpret their emotions. I especially like these two: the first with the blurred, but readable sign, and the vector to the older women, who's probably not an immigrant, but, carries a sign about "promises"; the second with the flag and the man's bowed head, he's probably looking at his feet, but, you can read more into it. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

kuau

Workshop Member
Thanks for the info Don
I find myself when shooting my 75, that I want more pull,
Just not sure if I should go with the 90 or go all the way with the 135..
Which 135 are you using and which one are you waiting on?

-Steven

Thanks Steve. The 135 is a little more tricky to focus than even the 90mm. I learned very quickly to focus on the horns. There's a heck of a lot that shouldn't be viewed unless heavily medicated due to the focus (or lack of). :ROTFL:

Don