The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

I've been waiting for a new 135mm to arrive in order to take it on this trip and I'm still waiting. I was fortunate enough to find a used one in good condition that I was able to pick up at the very beginning of this trip. I've been using the used one to shoot landscape and now wildlife and really like it. Yesterday Sandy & I decided to take a trip from Jackson into Yellowstone and returning late yesterday afternoon we encountered this herd of bison which were all captured using the 135mm.

I'm sorry that I've been very lax in commenting on the great work here lately however our shooting days are close to 10 hours then we also have the computer time as well. We're averaging around 14 hour days so far and we still have at least 2-weeks to go. Today is our first real rest day although we are planning on going out this afternoon for evening light.

More image are or will be on our blog shortly.

Don
Don: Very nice. The 135 and the M9 seem like a great combination. (insert salute here)

Hank Freeman of Duncan YoYos at the National YoYo Contest
Mark: Great composition! (insert thumbs up here) Duncan yo yo's! That really takes me back. My guess is that 50 years of technology hasn't had much effect on a yo yo?

Pike Place Market. The musician in the hat was just enjoying the sitar player. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/8; -2/3 EV; ISO 80

Hi Matt,
Nice shots!
I must have missed the short burst of sun here in Seattle.:LOL:
Ed: Thank you! (insert smile here) You might have been in the restroom. :ROTFL:

Color,IQ,Subject...Awesome Work With The 24 Lux Matt!
Steve: Thank you, sir.

:D

M9, 21 Lux :)
Steve: Congratulations on the new lens! I was waiting to see your first shots.
1. Great light flare and "reflection smear". Like the low angle. License plate's amusing.
2. The tone suits the photo, Suitably nostalgic.
3. I did a search. You must be at the Mass. Maritime Academy in Buzzards Bay. Nice juxtaposition of the flags and statue.
4. This one required some study. The texture of the trees and the bit of road and car make a nice B & W and could convey various meanings (which, I'll discuss with my shrink)
5. Graphically and color-wise, this one's perfect.
6. Excellent composition!
7. Nice isolation and look. Just enough grain.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Ed, Thanks Very Much!

Matt, Greatly Appreciate The Detailed Breakdown! Please Don't Send Me A Bill For Your Shrink Visit...That Could Be Astronomical..:eek::toocool::ROTFL::thumbs:!

Lloyd

So much awesomeness since I last logged on, it's hard to comprehend!!!

1. Don, the buffalo shots! Outstanding...perfectly captured!
2. Steve, my Gosh, every capture in your last set...the car, the....I'm at a loss...AMAZING, Dude!!!
2, Kurt: Your inspirational captures continue. That flag just jumps off the screen! Great reportage!!!
4. Matt: The Indian Musician series is AMAZING!!!ANd, the Post Alley Pealing Posters...wow!
5. Steven, honestly, the fall color shots remind me of colorized Ansel Adams work. AMAZING work combining the colors with the snow, but gotta say the last is my fav!

I am a bit overwhelmed. Lovely stuff. You guys are all artists of the highest regard!!!!
My sentiments (the overwhelmed bit) exactly. And thanks Ashwin for the specific comments. I'm going to + 1 each and every one of them!! (BTW, Steve, 21 Lux?!? Dude, I envied your glass library before, but now? Wow.)

shtarka1

My sentiments (the overwhelmed bit) exactly. And thanks Ashwin for the specific comments. I'm going to + 1 each and every one of them!! (BTW, Steve, 21 Lux?!? Dude, I envied your glass library before, but now? Wow.)
Thanks Lloyd! I May Be Calling You To Unload Some Gear To Fund The "Sickness"!;)

m_driscoll

4. Matt: The Indian Musician series is AMAZING!!!ANd, the Post Alley Peeling Posters...wow!...
Ashwin: Thank you! :D

A few revisits from the summer...

Ah, heck... 5 more...

Ashwin: Outstanding!! Who doesn't love a monk at the Space Needle, a wedding at the beach in San Diego, fishing frogs, a solitary scholar at ?, busy cooks, the photographer, baby, baby, Buggs and Minnie, Gasworks, the beach at San Diego, tourists at the Space Needle, a smiling couple, and the Space Needle, again. Excellent, and varied, as always. Thank you! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

m_driscoll: judge for yourself what 50 years has done for technology in yoyos : P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfOHiA4_nPU&feature=player_embedded
ashwinrao1: What lens did you use to shoot the baby?
:wtf:...Mark...Is That You???!!! :shocked::bugeyes::toocool::cool::salute:?
Mark: That's incredible! But, I still think it's "the carpenter and not the tools". He could do that with one of my old wood Duncans. Well maybe not exactly.

(edit: I take it back! From Duncan's web site: The De-Luxxe Line is the absolute pinnacle of technology in yo-yos. Featuring the Freehand MG™, the most expensive yo-yo ever produced. Made of forged magnesium and containing a ball-bearing axle made of stainless steel and silicone nitride, the Freehand MG is the most desired yo-yo in the world among amateur and professional players alike. )

Is that you??

Matt, Greatly Appreciate The Detailed Breakdown! Please Don't Send Me A Bill For Your Shrink Visit...That Could Be Astronomical..:eek::toocool::ROTFL::thumbs:!
Steve: My pleasure. No worries, I still have Health insurance.

Cheers, Matt

markmont

Mark: That's incredible! But, I still think it's "the carpenter and not the tools". He could do that with one of my old wood Duncans. Well maybe not exactly.

(edit: I take it back! From Duncan's web site: The De-Luxxe Line is the absolute pinnacle of technology in yo-yos. Featuring the Freehand MG™, the most expensive yo-yo ever produced. Made of forged magnesium and containing a ball-bearing axle made of stainless steel and silicone nitride, the Freehand MG is the most desired yo-yo in the world among amateur and professional players alike. )

Is that you??
That's me ( Markmont = Mark Montgomery ) in the link and I PROMISE you I nor any other professional yoyoers can do those tricks on a classic wooden yoyo. Granted the person yoyoing dictates the tricks, the right tools (yoyo, string, bearing) are still very necessary. I can however say that a modern day 20 dollar yoyo can still allow the average good yoyoer to do the same tricks on say the most expensive $100+ yoyo.

m_driscoll

That's me ( Markmont = Mark Montgomery ) in the link and I PROMISE you I nor any other professional yoyoers can do those tricks on a classic wooden yoyo. Granted the person yoyoing dictates the tricks, the right tools (yoyo, string, bearing) are still very necessary. I can however say that a modern day 20 dollar yoyo can still allow the average good yoyoer to do the same tricks on say the most expensive $100+ yoyo.
Mark: I stand corrected and very impressed! :toocool:

Cheers, Matt

I have to confess: this thread SCARES THE WITS out of me....:confused:

How could I have the temerity to post my images in this torrent of excellency?

OK, just close my eyes and dive in....

All M9, with Asph Summicrons 35 and 75.

shtarka1

I have to confess: this thread SCARES THE WITS out of me....:confused:

How could I have the temerity to post my images in this torrent of excellency?

OK, just close my eyes and dive in....

All M9, with Asph Summicrons 35 and 75.
Per...Outstanding Set & You Can Leave Your Eye's Open For Now On Because Your Work Always Rocks! Fantastic Images!!!:)