The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Don Libby

I've finally had a chance to sit down and comment on the great images posted here so here goes:

CharlesK: I love any and all images from Australia. I used to travel down under several times a year and had given serious thought to retiring there. Your images of the coast with the beautiful clouds and crashing surf are superb. Great capture of light.
CharlesK: Once again great image of the biker in b&w.
CharlesK: Thanks for the kinds thoughts.
RF Licks (Joe) Thank you for the comments on Ouray. I like the black & whites you did on summer ending in Boston. Thank you as well for your comments. the lens that now stays on the M9 the most is the Elmarit 24mm.
Kuau: Steven - what can I say other than every singles image of the fall colors is just stunning. Your moose shot beats anything we've been able to get.
m Driscol: Matt, Thank you for the comment on the reeds.
sjg284: Great black & white of the doorman! Anytime I see work like this it reminds me of when I was younger looking at Life and Look.
ashwinrao1: Ashwin, many many thanks for you comments on the old cars. It has been images like yours that have helped me see more than landscape.

There's so many others that deserve praise and comments and I'm truly sorry for not including you in this. This thread and having a M9 has helped me to see things in a different way and to each of you I say thank you. I'm beginning to ramble as it's been yet another very long day of shooting beginning before sunrise and lasting well after sunset.

Don

Don Libby

Thanks for the info Don
I find myself when shooting my 75, that I want more pull,
Just not sure if I should go with the 90 or go all the way with the 135..
Which 135 are you using and which one are you waiting on?

-Steven
Steven - sorry it's taken so long for my answer. The lens I've been waiting for (since May) is a 135 f/3.4. I came back from Moab in May thinking I'd be able to use the 135 for landscape and the upcomming Jackson trip. Turned out there's something like a worldwide back log on this lens. I lucked out and got a good used one the day before we left on this trip. Turns out I was right - this lens is great for landscape as well as shooting wildlife just so long as they are within a decient distance.

I was going to get a 75 but am now glad I got the 90 and equally glad I have the 135. I'll keep this until the new 135 arrives then I'll decide to either keep it or sell it and us the newer 135.

don

m_driscoll

Almost impossible to stay caught up here! Outstanding photos since my last visit.

Per: As Steve said, you can open your eyes. Great color and composition. The 1st with the silhouettes is my favorite.
Steve: Thank you! :D
Sinwen: These are very striking images. That 2nd one's stark and awesome.
Dan: Excellent first outing! They don't get any better then that 1st one. Great composition and well done pp.
Ashwin: Thank you! :D Not many places like that.
Ashwin: He's a very funny guy. Really like the character of the B&W's and the composition and color of the light in the last. Sums up the last two days of rain. silhouettes just right. The second two are also terrific. Great looks and brilliant pp.
Leif: Nice detail and colors. I don't understand how it's a signpost?
boymerang: Spontaneous captures!
Steve: Outstanding! Great color and composition. Looks like Fall back there. #2 and #4 for me. Walden Pond. Both of the second set are very cool. Getting down with the 21mm!!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Mike Woods

Apologies for not being around much and lack of comments. Serious imbalance in work/private life which is difficult to address. And really bad timing but I gave up smoking at the end of last week....now all I want to do is find someone smaller than me so I can ........:deadhorse: :ROTFL:

Anyway, a few dogs from me:

Hope you all have a good week.

Regards

Mike

m_driscoll

Apologies for not being around much and lack of comments. Serious imbalance in work/private life which is difficult to address. And really bad timing but I gave up smoking at the end of last week....now all I want to do is find someone smaller than me so I can ........:deadhorse: :ROTFL:
Anyway, a few dogs from me:

Hope you all have a good week.
Regards
Mike
Mike: Nice pack of mutts.Excellent captures. The last one 's the punchline to the first two. :thumbup: :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Hello folks,

There are fabulous images on this forum! I'm following this thread already for some time, but never submitted anything.
Today is the day!
Since June I own the Leica M9 (which I bought together with the Elmarit 28 Asph., since 3 weeks ago I also own the Summilux 50 Asph., and I'm happy as one can be. Believe me.
So, what i need now is feedback. I'm still training myself to hit the sweet spot with the 50 Asph. fully open, however for the shots below I played safe, i.e. close the aperture a bit, just to be able to take more keepers home. The photographs are from a walk through a 'not-so-easy' neighborhood in the outskirts of Luanda, Angola.
I hope you like them. Please let me know you honest opinions.

Cheers, Peter

shtarka1

Wow, both of these Steve, in your signature style, are amazing, yet wider then ever. Great stuff. Also, like Lloyd, loved the past of your color series above!
Almost impossible to stay caught up here! Outstanding photos since my last visit.

Per: As Steve said, you can open your eyes. Great color and composition. The 1st with the silhouettes is my favorite.
Steve: Thank you! :D
Sinwen: These are very striking images. That 2nd one's stark and awesome.
Dan: Excellent first outing! They don't get any better then that 1st one. Great composition and well done pp.
Ashwin: Thank you! :D Not many places like that.
Ashwin: He's a very funny guy. Really like the character of the B&W's and the composition and color of the light in the last. Sums up the last two days of rain. silhouettes just right. The second two are also terrific. Great looks and brilliant pp.
Leif: Nice detail and colors. I don't understand how it's a signpost?
boymerang: Spontaneous captures!
Steve: Outstanding! Great color and composition. Looks like Fall back there. #2 and #4 for me. Walden Pond. Both of the second set are very cool. Getting down with the 21mm!!

Cheers, Matt

Ash & Matt....Always Appreciated!!!