The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

And the reason for my absence.. friends wedding in Bermuda, wife was a bridesmaid. This made my auxiliary bridesmaid, sherpa, and when I had a spare moment.. photographer. Tried to capture the moments that the pros aren't there for / can't get. Didn't wanna be that guy standing behind the pro snapping all his photos.​

Anyway.. here's what I came back with.
Mostly all M8 & VC Nokton 50/1.5

Nice set. Looks like a fun event in a great setting. Nicely captured.​

danlindberg

Plenty of fantastic images here. I would like to quote and comment on some, but I have not figured out how to quote a single image in a post. How do you do that?

This one I captured this afternoon, 20 minutes before sunset on may way home from a client. The M9 is not too shabby ;)

By the way, what looks like sensordust is migrating birds!

panda81

Plenty of fantastic images here. I would like to quote and comment on some, but I have not figured out how to quote a single image in a post. How do you do that?

This one I captured this afternoon, 20 minutes before sunset on may way home from a client. The M9 is not too shabby ;)

By the way, what looks like sensordust is migrating birds!

simple and beautiful dan! :thumbup:

Lloyd

A few more from Wyoming.

The sad reality of the emigrant trail:

M8, 28 Cron

The way West. (Behind me is Rattlesnake Pass. To my right is Devil's Gate, and to my left is the monument above. Though there were divergent trails westward, e.g., the Oregon Trail, California Trail, the Mormon Trail and the Pony Express, almost everyone had to pass through Rattlesnake Pass, so this portion of the trail was used by all. There are heavy wagon ruts to the side of the road, and a Pony Express station was located just behind and to the right of where I'm standing as I take this.)

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

Since 1872 part of the Sun Ranch (still owned by the same family), horses graze in front of Devil's Gate, just as the Pony Express Riders horses did in this very pasture 150 years ago. The station here was just to the left of the image.

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

The Sweetwater River, which flows through Devil's Gate, and into the North Platte River about 10 miles beyond. Here about 1/4 mile upstream from Devil's Gate.

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

Part of the Rattlesnake Range, along the Sweetwater River, near Devil's Gate.

M8, CV 21/4

Last edited:

shtarka1

A few more from Wyoming.

T
Since 1872 part of the Sun Ranch (still owned by the same family), horses graze in front of Devil's Gate, just as the Pony Express Riders horses did in this very pasture 150 years ago. The station here was just to the left of the image.

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

The Sweetwater River, which flows through Devil's Gate, and into the North Platte River about 10 miles beyond. Here about 1/4 mile upstream from Devil's Gate.

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 21/4
These 3 are my favorites, rich in color,detail & history! Great set Lloyd!

Don Libby

Many thanks to all of you who have commented on the bear. "Hungry Bear" might not have been the best of titles however we were at least 50 yards away from him while he was in the tree and you could hear him munching on the berries.

I never allowed the bear to get closer than a couple hundred feet and never felt threaten. You also have to remember I stand 6-9 and I was also standing on a hill looking down at where the bear was walking along the road so to him I was huge.

I do not advocate shooting wildlife with a rangefinder. The sole reason I wanted the 135 f/3.4 was for landscape - however I still had this trip in the back of by mind. I like to stretch the envelope to see just how much or how far I can go with my equipment.

Don

Don Libby

A few more from Wyoming.

The sad reality of the emigrant trail:

M8, 28 Cron

The way West. (Behind me is Rattlesnake Pass. To my right is Devil's Gate, and to my left is the monument above. Though there were divergent trails westward, e.g., the Oregon Trail, California Trail, the Mormon Trail and the Pony Express, almost everyone had to pass through Rattlesnake Pass, so this portion of the trail was used by all. There are heavy wagon ruts to the side of the road, and a Pony Express station was located just behind and to the right of where I'm standing as I take this.)

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 21/4
Beautiful!