The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

My first tries in the big city to go street shooting late at night. Lousy efforts, I am admitting weakness to be too shy to point the lens into a stranger's face. Guess the courage will come with experience. :eek:
Vlad, I've seen worse on Magnum's website!! These are terrific, and the b/w processing is superb. :clap::clap::clap:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Thanks to everyone who has commented on my images. It's sort of evolved that I'm using this forum as an informal editorial board for my blog. This is really very helpful.

Again, thanks to all.

danlindberg

Thank you so much for your kind words, very much appreciated.

I have only had the M a few days but it is growing on me. I can already feel it, I will probably become a hardcore fan of Leica :D This from today...

shtarka1

Thank you so much for your kind words, very much appreciated.

I have only had the M a few days but it is growing on me. I can already feel it, I will probably become a hardcore fan of Leica :D This from today...

Dan You & The M9 Were Meant For Each Other! Another Fabulous Image!

DavidE

I encountered some incredible trees in San Francisco. Guess they're used to posing for the tourists. :)

The first three were shot with the 24mm. The last one was shot with the 18mm.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
I love this one, Woody. Well done.

As Eleanor mentioned in this thread, the highest praise would be I wish I had shot that. That's how I feel about this one. It's a great photo.
This was mostly a matter of being there when the evening light reached the magic moment. Technically to me the most interesting thing about this is how wonderfully this 1957 lens (50mm dual range summicron) performs - it's razor sharp and provides terrific three dimensionality and the shadows are easier to work with than the modern 50mm lux asph, which is my other 50mm lens.