The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

Two more from yesterday. I'm always fascinated by the difference the choice of lens can make. I took both of these from almost exactly the same spot. The first with the M8 and the CV 21/4 lens. The second was with the CV 75/2.5. I think they tell a very different story.

ceh

Thank you all for your comments on my photos...
...my best

Last edited:

ceh

Lloyd,
...beautiful light, exceptional composition:thumbup:
today will add a picture

Last edited:

shtarka1

Two more from yesterday. I'm always fascinated by the difference the choice of lens can make. I took both of these from almost exactly the same spot. The first with the M8 and the CV 21/4 lens. The second was with the CV 75/2.5. I think they tell a very different story.

Good point & excellent IQ on both!
The more I look at these, the more I like the color version.

M8, 28 Cron
This shot really Shines in color! Agree with ya!:)

m_driscoll

Doing a little rearranging in my office. Had some of my very favorite photography books on a chair in some interesting light. :D BTW, every one of these books is HIGHLY recommended. :thumbup:

Yes. I stole the idea from Steve. Thanks cuz.
Lloyd: Those two books on the bottom are great! Allard's work is phenomenal! Thanks!

Nice portrait Matt. And I think he's actually wondering how much Canon stuff he'll have to sell to get a "real" camera.
Lloyd: Thanks. He's probably not, because he's off to New Zealand to photograph crew races. :(

A few more from last week's San Francisco trip.
The first two were with the 18mm. The third one was with the 24mm.
David: Very impressive! You see a lot when you look up, and, capture it eloquently in the image frame. :thumbup:

Lloyd...I actually know that Brilliant Photog & the Book Is Superb! BTW...Im Flattered By Your Theft!;):D
:eek:

Had an hour before a meeting this morning. Taken at This Is The Place Heritage Park.

First with the 28 Cron, the others with the CV 75/2.5 Heliar
A couple more. Straight from the camera, other than some straightening of the vertical shot.

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar
Lloyd: These are very evocative of that era. The pp is spot on! The "overexposed" highlights burn in that impression. Well spent hour!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

A few more from yesterday.
M8, 28 Cron
M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar
M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar
M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar
Lloyd: That was a very productive and rewarding hour. The color photos are terrific. This one of the wood wagon wheels is neat: rhythm, perspective, DOF. Excellent. :thumbup:

M9, 21 Lux
M8.2 50 Lux asph:)
Steve: Your B&W's are always superlative. These two struck my fancy. Different approaches to DOF and light; great color. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com