The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

panda81

A few more from yesterday.

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar
great series lloyd! really love the repetition here!

i also really like how you processed this set differently. that's one of my biggest weaknesses - knowing how to post-process effectively.

P

Photon

Vlad: The first ('Twisted Lady') is a classic in mine opinion.

Also like the two "The Huff" captions.

Warmest,

Ton

wwwtonvanmourik.com

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Jerry, sorry but I have to take issue with your "nothing spectacular" statement. Number one and number five are both very good, and number four is near spectacular. Bring in a bit more fill light in your post to just raise the definition in the mother's face so you see the whole outline and shape clearly. That will also help with her hand. Then play with adding back contrast, but take it a bit darker than you have it now in brightness, and my friend I bet it does hit that "Spectacular" rank. Not a lot of images you get to shoot in natural light that give you this kind of falloff and post processing potential. Nice shot!

m_driscoll

Walked around two very different Seattle neighborhoods today: International District (1 & 2) and Capital Hill (3). Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/60s@ f/4.8; +1/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/3000s@ f/3.4; +1/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/90s@ f/1.0; +1 EV; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Walked around two very different Seattle neighborhoods today: International District (1 & 2) and Capital Hill (3). Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/60s@ f/4.8; +1/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/3000s@ f/3.4; +1/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/90s@ f/1.0; +1 EV; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, Im Going With All 3 Here But That Last One Is Killer Cool! I Know You're The 2nd Toughest Dude In Seattle,Next To Ash,But Be Careful On Those Mean Streets! Three Excellent Shots! :thumbs:

Mike Woods

Went to a local deer park yesterday, the first time I've been there since I sold off my Olympus SLR gear in favour of m4/3, and subsequently the M8. Weather was great, which brought out armies of photogs with huge lenses.
With patience though, I had some success with my little CV50mm :)

These were all uncropped.

Regards

Mike

CharlesK

There some extraordinary images here. This thread sometimes seems so daunting, with the great images presented here. :thumbs:
Lloyd excellent series. Love the shots!
Steve, Mike, Matt, Panda, David and Vlad amazing images. I don't know where to start, but just a WOW. :)

Here some shots, as I just arrived in Bangkok for business and hopefully R&R at the end.

All the shots are with 50 Summilux Asph and M9