The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Mike Woods

M8/CV50 f1.5

Seriously considering my first Leica lens at the moment .... a used but exc condition, later version Summicron 50mm in chrome. It will mean parting with the Nokton (and some cash :(), losing a little speed, but realising a goal. Not sure that's sufficient justification - any thoughts?

Regards

Mike

Lloyd

M8/CV50 f1.5

Seriously considering my first Leica lens at the moment .... a used but exc condition, later version Summicron 50mm in chrome. It will mean parting with the Nokton (and some cash :(), losing a little speed, but realising a goal. Not sure that's sufficient justification - any thoughts?

Regards

Mike
Nice image Mike. As for your question. I have both a Summicron (circa 1967), and a Nokton (actually, I've had two Nokton's and regretted selling the first one, so I bought the second). I don't know what you're looking for getting the Cron; it is a wonderful lens, no doubt. Same goes for the Nokton, which has a little different character than the Cron.

My take on the images you've posted is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with them, and they're proof that it's the photographer, and not the equipment that matters. I can't really suggest a course of action, but I have no doubt you'll continue to take amazing images with either lens.

ceh

Nice image Mike. As for your question. I have both a Summicron (circa 1967), and a Nokton (actually, I've had two Nokton's and regretted selling the first one, so I bought the second). I don't know what you're looking for getting the Cron; it is a wonderful lens, no doubt. Same goes for the Nokton, which has a little different character than the Cron.

My take on the images you've posted is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with them, and they're proof that it's the photographer, and not the equipment that matters. I can't really suggest a course of action, but I have no doubt you'll continue to take amazing images with either lens.
I agree:)

Mike Woods

Thank you Lloyd

To be honest it's nothing more than Leica lust....I think. Difficult to describe really, but I guess the closest I can get is to say that I'd like to see for myself what all this Leica lens fuss is about :)

That's really not a good enough reason is it .........:ROTFL:

Mike

Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd

To be honest it's nothing more than Leica lust....I think. Difficult to describe really, but I guess the closest I can get is to say that I'd like to see for myself what all this Leica lens fuss is about :)

That's really not a good enough reason is it .........:ROTFL:

Mike
Oh, believe me, I fully understand. I've been shooting Leica since 1968, and have owned all sorts (and brands) of lenses. I LOVE my Leica glass, and lust after a lot of the new Leica lenses as well. "The fuss", is on many counts, fully justified. But, as your wonderful images fully attest, Leica is not the only game in town. :thumbup:

shtarka1

Agree!

shtarka1

M8/CV50 f1.5

Regards

Mike
Love these juxtapositions! Nice timing & shot Mike!

etrigan63

No, it's a 5-shot bracket. I used the A mode to give me a reading (poor man's light meter), then went down two stops and up two stops by altering the shutter speed.

ashwinrao1

Hey Lloyd, I especially like the aerial perspective in the first one. It reminds me of a crisp Colorado morning. Where are you located? The second has some nice geometry and repetition -- I like to shoot this kind of shot myself. What surprised me is it's a 21mm. I wouldn't have guessed it that wide (I realize it shoots like a 28mm on the M8).
+ 1. Lloyd, add me to the list of fans of this series!

m_driscoll

Shiro/Steve/Charles/Lloyd/Ton: Thank you, Gentlemen!

Shiro: These are very stylish, interesting, creative, photos.

In the first one it's fun to see what I look at 1st (his face), 2nd (reflected women with light on her face), 3rd (reflected women trying on clothes (?), & back again. Then you start looking at detail. Grain and contrast super.

In the second one, you see the hand and the reflector (?), and then discover the huddled women. Wonderfully composed.

I was reading a book by William Albert Allard (Lloyd tuned me on to him, recently) last night. He said that the best photographs raise, and leave you with, a question (paraphrased). Both of these do. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com