The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Great shot. That shadow is awesome.
Great shot! You have a wonderful eye for composition; I really enjoy your creative vision.
Brilliant Pair! What Creative Vision!
Compo +1.
Warmest,
Ton
www.tonvanmourik.com
Amazing. Great composition... again. I really like the shadows on the far wall too. Well seen and captured.
CEH: +1, +1, +1. I'll just tag along. I liked all three.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Don Libby

There's great stunning images posted here the past couple days and there's simply no way that I could even hope to comment on each of them. Since my main job is landscape images that captivate me the most are sunsets, shadows and anything remotely related to landscape. Simply put, there have been some outstanding images posted here lately.

Best wishes to all

Don

m_driscoll

Beautiful B/W Ton. Nicely done.
Wow. Stunning.
Ton/Carlos: +1, +1. I agree with Lloyd! :thumbs:

M8/CV50 f1.5

Seriously considering my first Leica lens at the moment .... a used but exc condition, later version Summicron 50mm in chrome. It will mean parting with the Nokton (and some cash :(), losing a little speed, but realising a goal. Not sure that's sufficient justification - any thoughts?
Regards
Mike
Thank you Lloyd
To be honest it's nothing more than Leica lust....I think. Difficult to describe really, but I guess the closest I can get is to say that I'd like to see for myself what all this Leica lens fuss is about :)
That's really not a good enough reason is it .........:ROTFL:
Mike
Mike: Great image! As, Steve said, "love those juxtapositions" (which you have a very good eye for). The desaturated pp simplifies the photo, but leaves enough to infer more color (best of both B&W and color, in this case, IMHO). :thumbup:

I'm not a good one to speak on Leica Lens lust. I agree with Lloyd's comments. Perhaps Ashwin, or Steve could address the lust...?

Playing with HDR Efex Pro

IMG_20101020_1482_HDR by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

5-shot manual bracket
M8 + CV 35mm Nokton
Carlos: Very nice! :salute: Now, I have to get it! :cry:

Cheers, Matt

Don Libby

Thought I'd share a couple more images from the Jackson Hole area. These are samples of each lens in the bag (have I mentioned I need a larger bag?)

Summicron 50mm

Summicron 35mm

Elmarit 24mm

Summarit 90mm

Elmarit 135mm

Don

ceh

Thought I'd share a couple more images from the Jackson Hole area. These are samples of each lens in the bag (have I mentioned I need a larger bag?)

Summicron 50mm

Summicron 35mm

Elmarit 24mm

Summarit 90mm

Elmarit 135mm

Don
Very nice set:thumbup:

eleanorbrown

Enjoying all the new stuff on the forum since I last checked in...Matt really wonderful Pan, Don, enjoying your new images from your trip to to Wyoming. I'm in Houston and the pickin's have been slim here but need to trip my shutter now and then or I get shutter "withdrawal"!! so...here is a fountain I stopped to shoot after walking my dog today...Saw this really wonderful rainbow from the water mist and light. Allen Parkway, just west of downtown. eleanor

m_driscoll

Summicron 50mm

Summicron 35mm

Elmarit 24mm

Summarit 90mm

Elmarit 135mm

Don
Don: As CEH said, nice set. Great photos, but it's really fun to see the character of each of the lenses like this. :thumbup:

m driscoll,
Thank you for your comment:)
CEH: Good capture. Nice moment and dynamics. People in perfect position. :thumbup:

Enjoying all the new stuff on the forum since I last checked in...Matt really wonderful Pan, Don, enjoying your new images from your trip to to Wyoming. I'm in Houston and the pickin's have been slim here but need to trip my shutter now and then or I get shutter "withdrawal"!! so...here is a fountain I stopped to shoot after walking my dog today...Saw this really wonderful rainbow from the water mist and light. Allen Parkway, just west of downtown. eleanor

Eleanor: Not a wasted walk. That's a very interesting image. Excellent composition. (insert thumbsup here)

Cheers, Matt

iiiNelson

Good capture of the rainbow in the fountain. Downtown Houston has a lot of good spots for street photography. Midtown (what is now the Museum District) and Uptown (near the Galleria) does too. If you want more nature type shots they're all around - you just have to drive a little bit. You get better nature shots towards the Hill Country (Austin/ San Antonio area) and the Big Thicket (East Texas Forests) though.

Lloyd

Don: As CEH said, nice set. Great photos, but it's really fun to see the character of each of the lenses like this. :thumbup:

CEH: Good capture. Nice moment and dynamics. People in perfect position. :thumbup:

Eleanor: Not a wasted walk. That's a very interesting image. Excellent composition. (insert thumbsup here)

Cheers, Matt

+1+1 +1 Let me add my admiration to all of the above.:clap::clap::clap: