The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

Met with Kuau (Steven) for some shooting at This Is The Place Heritage Park (which is a re-creation of a 19th Century town, with actors in period costumes.)

All taken with the M8 and CV 15/4.5 Superwide:

Steven:

Last edited:

Lloyd

Wonderful shots LLoyd! Especially the last one. I consider buying a super wide aswell...

Here 2 shots from Regensburg/Germany. M9 50mm Summilux

Cheers
Frank
_________
www.gppix.com
Thank you Frank. And great shots... I really like the perspective, and a very interesting subject. I love the results of the M9/50 Lux ASPH combination. Just about as perfect as it gets.

Especially like this one.

Warmest,

Ton

www.tonvanmourik.com
Thank you Ton. Much appreciated.

Lloyd

Awoke this morning to 5 inches (~12.7 cm) of new snow. I'm blaming Kuau... he wished it here! :angry:Too early for me, thanks.

M8, CV 15/4.5 Superwide

M8, 90/2.8 Elmarit

thetoness

How do you all post your pics on here from smugmug. I am a newbie and for the life of me I cant figure out how best to post photos. I just recently posted some but they were much smaller than the ones other folks post. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lloyd

How do you all post your pics on here from smugmug. I am a newbie and for the life of me I cant figure out how best to post photos. I just recently posted some but they were much smaller than the ones other folks post. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I always posted from Flickr, and wondered the same thing. Here's the explanation I got from TRSmith, a member here:

"Posting from smugmug is very easy and in fact, it's the reason I signed up for it.

Select an image in your gallery, click the tab along the top that reads "share" and the drop down menu will include "get a link". Select that and then you are presented with a bunch of options for creating links. I choose "embeddable links" and at the bottom of that list is "BBCode Large". Click the "copy" button next to that and it makes the link and copies it into memory for you just as if you've selected "copy" from a file menu or hit control/command C on your keyboard. Proceed to the forum and simply hit paste (or command/control V) directly into the text of your post and bingo, you're done. Makes it easy to post comments above and below images too.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

Tim"

Let me add two things: First, you have to turn on BOTH "External Links", and "Easy Sharing" in your Gallery Settings. And second, I prefer to just use "Get A Link", and "Photo Links" rather than Embeddable Code, as that way it doesn't reference back to my source gallery.

Also, I created a gallery into which I place my images I intend to post. It's Unlisted, but you can post from any SmugMug gallery, so long as you enable the sharing.

Mike Woods

Ok it's official ..... I have lens lust :banghead:

Today I get home and emails received from my usual sources offering chrome Leica 50mm F2, chrome Leica 35mm F2 asph, Nokton 35mm f1.2 and Nokton 50mm f1.1..............

I want them all :confused:.........

Ok, I know you don't really care, so a couple of images instead whilst I think about this......M8/CV35mm Ultron f1.7

Regards

Mike

Lloyd

Ok it's official ..... I have lens lust :banghead:

Today I get home and emails received from my usual sources offering chrome Leica 50mm F2, chrome Leica 35mm F2 asph, Nokton 35mm f1.2 and Nokton 50mm f1.1..............

I want them all :confused:.........

Ok, I know you don't really care, so a couple of images instead whilst I think about this......M8/CV35mm Ultron f1.7

Regards

Mike
Lol. We all feel your pain. I don't know of a cure... buy one, want more... and more... etc. That's the cycle... and it never seems to end. :eek::banghead:

Not much help, I realize. I can tell you this, there is nothing wrong with the images you take with what you have now. These two are terrific. :clap::clap:

Mike Woods

Lol. We all feel your pain. I don't know of a cure... buy one, want more... and more... etc. That's the cycle... and it never seems to end. :eek::banghead:

Not much help, I realize. I can tell you this, there is nothing wrong with the images you take with what you have now. These two are terrific. :clap::clap:
Thank you Lloyd.

I guess I should be happy with what I have. From other people's sometimes negative comments, I think I must have good copies of my CV lenses.

Decisions, decisions..........

Mike

Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd.

I guess I should be happy with what I have. From other people's sometimes negative comments, I think I must have good copies of my CV lenses.

Decisions, decisions..........

Mike
Looks to my old eyes like you do. But I understand, truly I do. I bought another lens just yesterday. A 90mm Leica Elmarit. Just had to have it... I mean 4 90mm M-mount lenses just isn't enough!! Right?

Good luck with your decision. I have little doubt you'll produce cracking images with whichever (or with all) of the lenses you choose.:thumbup:

(Just don't expect the lens lust to abate any time soon. :D)

Mike Woods

A 90mm Leica Elmarit. Just had to have it... I mean 4 90mm M-mount lenses just isn't enough!! Right?
And I thought I had problems :ROTFL:

I'll sleep on it tonight and hopefully decide in the morning. Since I want to buy with the future in mind (maybe M9 one day), I'm really thinking of the 35 or 50 Summicron.

But then there's the loss of speed, and I do like to shoot wide open..........oh dear, goodnight :banghead:

Mike

P

Photon

Most of the time, Mike, the problem is our own impatience or lust for (much) more: "If I had this or that lens or body, I would/could..."

The past 2,5 years I passed on every new or 2nd hand body and lens, knowing that I would know when the right moment to upgrade would arrive. It taught me a lot of patience and saved me a lot of energy and money. That I finally ended up with an M9 I could never ever have dreamed of.

Actually it's very simple: if you need it and have the money, go for it. If you dont need it and have the money: dont go for it. And if you need it and dont have the money: buy yourself a beer or two.:ROTFL:

Warmest,

Ton

P.S. If you would know my wish list...:cry:

www.tonvanmourik.com

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Several days of non-stop 40mph winds have made for some interesting shooting. Grabbing hold of leaves, sand, water, and anything that is not tied down, you can almost see the shape and color of the wind as it twists and turns and sails past.

Mike Woods

Most of the time, Mike, the problem is our own impatience or lust for (much) more: "If I had this or that lens or body, I would/could..."

The past 2,5 years I passed on every new or 2nd hand body and lens, knowing that I would know when the right moment to upgrade would arrive. It taught me a lot of patience and saved me a lot of energy and money. That I finally ended up with an M9 I could never ever have dreamed of.

Actually it's very simple: if you need it and have the money, go for it. If you dont need it and have the money: dont go for it. And if you need it and dont have the money: buy yourself a beer or two.:ROTFL:

Warmest,

Ton

P.S. If you would know my wish list...:cry:

www.tonvanmourik.com
Wise words Ton.

I'm an amateur so I will never 'need' it. It's always a question of want :)

Best wishes

Mike

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Love the snow on the leaves, Lloyd. I see you use a 15 mm CV (is that the Heliar?), though the pic doesn't look like an ultra wide angle - how do you like it?
Bill

Awoke this morning to 5 inches (~12.7 cm) of new snow. I'm blaming Kuau... he wished it here! :angry:Too early for me, thanks.

M8, CV 15/4.5 Superwide

M8, 90/2.8 Elmarit