The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Met with Kuau (Steven) for some shooting at This Is The Place Heritage Park (which is a re-creation of a 19th Century town, with actors in period costumes.)
All taken with the M8 and CV 15/4.5 Superwide:
Steven:

Lloyd: Excellent images. Great portrait of Steven. I really like the perspective, lighting, and composition of these two. Moody and evocative. Well done. :thumbup: Nice lens. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Kurt, ALL of these are awesome...Noctilux magic really takes these shots to a dreamy next level and further expands your vision. Lovely!
Kurt: +1, looks like you survived the storm. :thumbup:

I have just arrived back in Australia from Thailand and I am so many pages behind, and there so many excellent and amazing images that preceed, I don't where to start other than to say,...wow :D
Here some shots with the 50 Lux Asph and M9 from Thailand. Thanks :)
Charles: I like this photo un-cropped. The OOF guy to the right and the OOF women in the rear frame and locate the IF squatting man. They offset his vector to the right created by his body position (also partially offset by his looking towards you). Nicely balanced portrait with a context. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
The young girls (Early 20's are young girls to me!) living upstairs were all dressed out tonight for their Advertising Agency Halloween Party. Here we have Frida Kahlo, or so she wanted to be called... click for larger image.

CharlesK

Thank you Lloyd and Matt :) Appreciate the kind words and comments.
GRW: Very nice images :)
Woody: Great images!
Chuck: Love the shot!
Matt: Beautiful shot! Really nice.... My favs are #1 and 3.

A shot this afternoon with the 90 Cron AA and M9.

Last edited:

otumay

Dear friends,

I've been absent from this forum for over a fortnight. My father had a serious brain condition and was hospitalized for 17 days, three of which were spent in intensive care and one particular nightmarish night in deep coma. Thankfully, The Old Blue Eyes is home now, convalescing among his loved ones, and his famous heart-winning smile is back on his lips.

Although I was unable to respond to your wonderful posts and discussions, I was by no means away from them; during the darkest times, I found solace by tiptoeing into this haven. It is impossible for me to name those of you who posted those magnificent shots, I loved each and everyone of them.

I want to thank you all for... well just being what you are. I shall now post a single shot. I know this does not qualify here; it was not taken by a Leica M camera, and it has serious technical flaws, but it shows my dad with his neurologist just before he left for home.

Best regards from Istanbul,

Osman

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
All the best, Osman ...

Thanks for the comments, Lloyd, Ashwin, Chuck and Guy. I apologize for not posting more comments on other photos ... but I want everyone to know that this is one of the first places I go in the morning after I log on, for inspiration and community. I really like to just look at everyone's photos. So keep on posting everyone!

Kurt

Lloyd

Dear friends,

I've been absent from this forum for over a fortnight. My father had a serious brain condition and was hospitalized for 17 days, three of which were spent in intensive care and one particular nightmarish night in deep coma. Thankfully, The Old Blue Eyes is home now, convalescing among his loved ones, and his famous heart-winning smile is back on his lips.

Although I was unable to respond to your wonderful posts and discussions, I was by no means away from them; during the darkest times, I found solace by tiptoeing into this haven. It is impossible for me to name those of you who posted those magnificent shots, I loved each and everyone of them.

I want to thank you all for... well just being what you are. I shall now post a single shot. I know this does not qualify here; it was not taken by a Leica M camera, and it has serious technical flaws, but it shows my dad with his neurologist just before he left for home.

Osman
Those are wonderful smiles, and even more wonderful is the reason for them. We all celebrate with you in our hearts. This is great news Osman, and I pray for a continuing upward trend.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Dear friends,

Osman
Osman, it is a beautiful photograph, because it is crafted with love of a subject you will not likely have to shoot your whole life. My own parents have both now passed, and of course I wish I had taken more photographs of them both. The kind of camera didn't matter when you shot this and my friend I don't believe any of us give a darn what you shot it with, we're just glad to see you could shoot it! Please give our best to your father, and tell him that Dr. of his is HOT! :thumbs:

GRW

The Columbia River at Vantage, three different ways. Cropped on the bottom to remove some foreground and give it a more "pano" feel. Thanks for any comments and looking. Cheers, Matt

Matt:Really drawn to the colour one absolutely fantastic, I think it's the slightly muted colour give it a real mood.

Lloyd and CharlesK : Thanks for the comments

Graeme

Mike Woods

Autumn leaves, both M8/CV75mm f2.5

I'd like to reshoot this next one again, and maybe reverse the focus so that it's on the tree...but I suspect the leaves have fallen now.

Regards

Mike