The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Amazing shot Woody. Are you using Cornerfix or something on these. I thought the CV 15 vignetted badly on the M9. Also, is this the M-mount version?
It's the M mount version that's RF linked. I didn't use cornerfix on this one - minor manual touch ups. I downloaded an updated cornerfix this morning and made a profile for he 15 - it turns out that the profile is not very sensitive to f-stop or focus - a surprise to me.

Here's a candidate for Monday's post pre cornerfix:

Here we are post cornerfix:

As you can see it works amazingly well - perhaps too well - I do like the slight weirdness of the first image, but the second is likely to be more useful for those who need to do accurate captures of interior spaces and so on.

I apply a bit more sharpening than usual with this lens and crank up the clarity slider a bit (I almost never use the clarity slider with Leica lenses). Minor tweaks on CA and distortion complete to post work - with these adjustments it gives outstanding results. I use it more often than the WATE because it's a more compact package. A spirit level is essential. A supplemental finder isn't - assume that it gets "just about everything" (as opposed to the 12mm which gets "everything") and check the preview.

Lloyd

It's the M mount version that's RF linked. I didn't use cornerfix on this one - minor manual touch ups. I downloaded an updated cornerfix this morning and made a profile for he 15 - it turns out that the profile is not very sensitive to f-stop or focus - a surprise to me.

Here's a candidate for Monday's post pre cornerfix:

Here we are post cornerfix:

As you can see it works amazingly well - perhaps too well - I do like the slight weirdness of the first image, but the second is likely to be more useful for those who need to do accurate captures of interior spaces and so on.

I apply a bit more sharpening than usual with this lens and crank up the clarity slider a bit (I almost never use the clarity slider with Leica lenses). Minor tweaks on CA and distortion complete to post work - with these adjustments it gives outstanding results. I use it more often than the WATE because it's a more compact package. A spirit level is essential. A supplemental finder isn't - assume that it gets "just about everything" (as opposed to the 12mm which gets "everything") and check the preview.

Thanks Woody. Guess I'll have to give Cornerfix another look.

shtarka1

Its hard to catch up with all of you on this thread. Great pics from the past few weeks everyone!

I was away most of last month with very limited access to the internet. Nice to be back home and enjoying everyone's pics here.

Meanwhile, here's 2 pics taken on the way home to Boston.

First one one taken at Hong Kong International airport. Second one, a few hours earlier at Kuala Lumpur International airport. M9 35CronIV

Joe

Excellent Joe, On All Accounts!

DavidE

Thanks Lloyd, Mike, ceh, and Steve.

On my last night in New York, I realized I had neglected my 50 lux. Here's one from Times Square using the 50mm.

Not entirely happy with the processing on this one. Wonderful faces, though.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, Mike, ceh, and Steve.

On my last night in New York, I realized I had neglected my 50 lux. Here's one from Times Square using the 50mm.

Not entirely happy with the processing on this one. Wonderful faces, though.
David! No!! Say it ain't so!! This can't be one of yours, it's not wide enough!!:ROTFL: