The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

shtarka1

M8; 35mm f/1.4; 0.3s @ f/16; ISO 160

M8; 35mm f/1.4; 1/8s @ f/16; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Outside a shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur. 35CronIV

Coming through guys....coming through......:D

One more ...

M8, 28 Cron:

The Bridge Motel, again. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

M8; 35mm f/1.4; 1/4s; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
m8, cv 35

Been away for a bit...These are all Inspiring & Fantastic!

RF_Licks

Thanks Matt, Charles, Lloyd, ceh & Steve! Much appreciated :)

Wow, more great shots from everyone :thumbup:

Dan, very nice shot and great catch on the birds and the plane! The red on the wing caps it off for me!

Kurt, beautiful shots with the 75Lux. Love the mood on the B&W one.

Lloyd, very nice pp on your first attempt!

Matt, another very nice shot of the motel!

ceh, very nice portrait and love the umbrella & shadow shot! Also, very nice B&W on the glass shot. Keep them coming!

Endre, very nice mood on that shot!

Joe :)

danlindberg

Dan, do tell us how you made this - is it a montage, and if not, what altitude were these swans flying at?

Very curious!
Bill
Thanks a lot for cheering!

Bill, and everyone - it is a montage. The swans were captured when they flew at an altitude of aprox. 10 metres :p

I have been working as a professional photographer for 18 years and in the past 5 years it has been more work in PS than traditional photography. It is partly explained in client requests and partly laziness. It actually came to a point when I questionend myself if I even wanted to continue. I had lost both inspiration and creativity to the craftmanship of traditional photography and something had to change!
The answer was to sell off 26kg of Canon gear and get a M9 and tell myself not to "fiddle" around too much with the raw files. Instead going back and have the mindset of how I worked my Fuji GX 680 III with Velvia 120 film.

So, this is actually the very first not-true image I have produced with the M9! There will be more, but fewer and I am going to be careful so I do not loose inspiration again. The M9 is a great tool for this ;)

RF_Licks

Thanks Matt, and very nice B&W shots of the motel. "Ghost-like" foreground subjects as a fitting tribute to the now demolished buildings? :salute:

Jan, very nice B&W series with the WATE. I like the second shot a lot.

Joe :)