The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

DavidE

Had a chance yesterday to try out a WATE on my M9 (it's a short-term loan).

All-too-easy to fall in love with this lens and viewfinder (a.k.a. the Frankenfinder).

It seems to render quite differently from the 18mm Super-Elmar. Or maybe I was inspired to process the images differently. Either way, I'm really happy with the results.

Lloyd

Had a chance yesterday to try out a WATE on my M9 (it's a short-term loan).

All-too-easy to fall in love with this lens and viewfinder (a.k.a. the Frankenfinder).

It seems to render quite differently from the 18mm Super-Elmar. Or maybe I was inspired to process the images differently. Either way, I'm really happy with the results.

Really nice. Love that first one especially. You and the WATE seems like a marriage made in heaven!

DavidE

Really nice. Love that first one especially. You and the WATE seems like a marriage made in heaven!
Thanks Lloyd. That first one is my favorite, too. My wife wants to take a large print of that photo to the stable and give it to the people there. She recently switched the place where she does her riding, and this was my first opportunity to visit with a camera.

Didn't think I would like the WATE as much, since I already have an 18mm. Though huge, the finder is wonderfully designed. It's great that you can change the distance as well as the focal length on the finder.

I wish the WATE (or finder) could send the selected focal length to the camera. All the photos are tagged as 16mm, no matter what I shot.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I picked up an Apo-Telyt M 135 from Ken Hansen, primarily because I had the "R" version many years ago and found it incomparable. The M is outstanding too - here are the first couple of shots I took with it. Not much dof at such short distances!

Bill

Lloyd

I picked up an Apo-Telyt M 135 from Ken Hansen, primarily because I had the "R" version many years ago and found it incomparable. The M is outstanding too - here are the first couple of shots I took with it. Not much dof at such short distances!

Bill
Some very impressive results Bill. Looking forward to more.