The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Woody, Charles, congrats on getting your 35 lux II's...I am excited to be sharing images alongside you two very talented photographers...let's see what we can do with it. Charles, wonderful portrait, and Woody, outstanding vision of bokeh....

Lloyd, thank you so much for your kind words!

Daniel, thanks for the kind words, and hope that 28 cron gets to you fast. It's lovely...

CEH, more amazing captures from you. I love your style!

Halfframe, great shot of the horn blower!''Daniel, thanks for your kind words.

Osman, great shots of the coastal scene. I love the colors and energy in the sky.

Steve, it's time to look into the 35 lux II, I think! I still really love the prior 35 lux, and to be honest, it's a toss up in terms of rendering. The new one is a bit more contrasty and critical, the older a touch softer but more gentle in out-of-focus...at least this is what I have seen so far.

Lloyd

Great 35-II shots Ashwin and Charles :)
Excellent catch and composition ceh

Osman, just after I'd convinced myself I'd be ok with the rendering of my ZM wides you go and post those shots, you bad bad man. Wonderful light in those scenes.

I really want a 28 cron :(
Yes, you really do, Daniel. It would be magic in your hands.:thumbup:

ceh

Ashwin,Daniel thanks for your feedback :)

CharlesK

Ceh, very nice shot :)

Testing the 35 Lux II. Action shot this afternoon. The bokeh with grass and foliage background is similar to some of the Zeiss lenses IMO. I personally really like it, but I appreciate this is very subjective.

Last edited:

shtarka1

Ceh, very nice shot :)

Testing the 35 Lux II. Action shot this afternoon. The bokeh with grass and foliage background is similar to some of the Zeiss lenses IMO. I personally really like it, but I appreciate this is very subjective.

3D Adorable! Are they all your dogs Charles?

shtarka1

Steve, it's time to look into the 35 lux II, I think! I still really love the prior 35 lux, and to be honest, it's a toss up in terms of rendering. The new one is a bit more contrasty and critical, the older a touch softer but more gentle in out-of-focus...at least this is what I have seen so far.
Ash, i called yesterday & added my name to a list for the new 35 lux at EP Levines (one of the larger retailers in the Boston area). They told me Feb. Im # 6. I'll keep looking until then,but like Charles I'll have to unload some gear.
The Insanity continues...;)

CharlesK

Thank you Steve :) Two of dogs are mine, and the border collie is a part border :D
Excellent shots Steve!!! My favourite is #2. I love the 90 Cron and 50 Lux. The rendering is just beautiful.

RF_Licks

Great shots everyone! I see that this thread has caught a little bit of 35Lux fever? Looks like another very fine lens from Leica. :D

35CronIV