The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The death of a gear whore.....

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I just realized there is only one piece of gear I really want, the 280/4.0 APO Telyt-R. It's sort of the empty feeling I had when I got the last item published by H. Beam Piper. A little of the pleasure died.

Not there aren't more lenses and bodies out there but none offer any challenge. I think 280 APO may offer a challenge on the SL-2 or the 1DsMkIII.

I think the gear has died and now I must drink from the font of creativity.

bensonga

I just realized there is only one piece of gear I really want, the 280/4.0 APO Telyt-R. It's sort of the empty feeling I had when I got the last item published by H. Beam Piper. A little of the pleasure died.

Not there aren't more lenses and bodies out there but none offer any challenge. I think 280 APO may offer a challenge on the SL-2 or the 1DsMkIII.

I think the gear has died and now I must drink from the font of creativity.

It's a beauty alright.....any chance of finding/getting one?

I know that feeling John. I've acquired pretty much all of the camera gear I ever dreamed of owning (Hasselbald, Leica etc....but not this lens!).

Now it's time to see what we can actually do with it...a much more difficult challenge.

Gary

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
John, if you are or are going to claim to be a gear whore you must get the first rule of gear whoring right ...

There are no 'needs' ... only 'wants'. ;)

Kurt

doug

I've found a couple but the are all ROM and I need a 3 Cam.
You will not find any 3-cam. The oldest ones were R-cam; it was never made as a 3-cam. Mine was an R-cam and I had it upgraded to 3-cam. Economic conditions being what they are I may soon become a one-lens photographer and that one lens will be the 280mm f/4 APO. I have only begun to see its potential.