The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

what about flashes

TimWright

I know many don't use a flash with an M8 but sometimes you really do need one. I use the Metz 54 MZ 4i and find it very good. I am wondering if I could use something like the Elinchrom Skyport to fire this and maybe my Canon flashes remotely. Also what about portable studio flashes?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hey Tim glad you came aboard. i currently use the Metz 54 4I also and a Nikon SB 28d an older unit but works and when you turn it on you can adjust the ISO than use on A mode. For studio stuff i downgraded to some small units made by Dynalite called Twinkles , there 400 watt mono's and have 4 of them and adding some more. But they work pretty good and I use Microsync transmitters to fire them

http://www.microsyncdigital.com/

here is a shot using 4 Twinkles