The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I really like the Summicron 75/2.0 Asph

J

JohnW

Wonderful shot, Jose. The 75 was one of my favorite lenses on the M8 when I had one. Sharp, great bokeh, and such smooth tones, as shown in your picture. Here's one of the first shots I took with it when I opened the box. I was also impressed.

I'm contemplating an M9. But I mainly use a 50mm, and 75 is a little close to 50. So I'd probably choose the 90 Summicron, which I understand is also amazing.

John

J

JohnW

Thanks, Osman. The "model" happens to be my daughter, and the setup was a quick new lens test shot at the living room window. I think most of the credit goes to the amazing lens. Not to start on of those odious comparisons, but I've shot many portraits like this with my Canon gear, but none have this clarity and radiance.

John

jonoslack

John, Jose
Lovely shots. I love my 75 'cron on the M9 as well, I think there is a received wisdom that it's 'clinical' but from my point of view all the evidence is the other way. The bokeh is gentle and delicate, the roll off is subtle,and when it's sharp it cuts your eyes!

and it's small . . . and it has a sensible focus throw.

Knorp

Excellent shots, guys !

The 75'cron: my second bought Leica lens after my first - the 28'cron. Still love it, it's like a Swiss Army knife.
Here're two shots from this weekend.

ISO 80 (don't ask me why :eek:)

ISO 1000 (it shows, but still excellent)

Kind regards.

I find it easier to focus than Summilux, & I get a higher rate of keepers. It isn't clinical at large apertures.

My only problem is seeing the indistinct M9 framelines. I have a 1.35 Megapearls magnifier, but I have trouble working with the L-shaped corner brackets.

Does anyone use an external viewfinder for 75mm? And do you get better framing that way, or is parallax too much of a problem?

Kirk

J

Jose_Salcedo

@John

What a stunning portrait, John! Beautifully rendered, with full justice to the model.

J

Jose_Salcedo

@Jono

Beautiful images, Jono, I particularly like the image with the flower and the glasses! I agree with your point, the rendition is this lens can be very delicate indeed and I am liking it a lot.