The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Edinburgh - The Theme is Red

Braeside

Going through some shots from earlier in the week, I noticed I appear to have an attraction for the colour Red. :eek:

The Mound

High Street

Holyrood

jonoslack

Whenever I look at shots of Edinburgh, all I can think of is REbus . . . . and Iain Banks in the pub with Mr Rankin!

I especially like the Holyrood shot.
:clap:

D&A

Love the city too! Seems like I was there just yesterday (don't I wish). I recall a night when I was running low on film and wondered if I'd have enough for my evening cityscape and street shots. I guess M9 (or M8) just a seed in an engineers mind at that point? :)

These shots also remind me of the kind of shots where most all colors are desaturated, except "red' which is vividly shown (although I realize that wasn't done here). Probably becuase in the first shot, the stone (granite?) buildings are neutral in color Thanks for posting!

Dave (D&A)

kevinparis

seems to be something wrong with your exposure.... edinburgh is never that bright!!!. I should know.... I lived there for 15 years

:)

K

m_driscoll

David: Very nice and red. It is a color that I associate with Scotland: tartans. I wonder which clan my daughter's parochial school skirt was from? About time for another visit to Edinburgh; or, at least an Ian Rankin read. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com