The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Field Report from Kanab Utah

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hell getting pretty good at this software , just don't tell Jack he will make me do it all the time. ROTFLMAO

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
let me look at that you mean amount like increase to 20 posts on a page. i think you the user has that control but i will check
Guy, who are you responding to? Posts per page is a user preference setting and 25 is a seting available. We could make it 100 posts per page, but the issue is site load speed --- as you increase the posts per page, site load speed decreases significantly, especially for folks in areas with slower connections...

robsteve

Subscriber
He can set it for himself... I still don't understand if that's what he is complaining about --- he was mentioning it before the 20 post setting had kicked in...
I found it. I was under the control panel. Skimming through the setting expecting to see numbers like 25, so skipped over the setting which was "use forum default."

One suggestion, if possible, can the thread load with place holders for the images, scaled to the size of the image. On a thread like this, it is hard to scroll through it because the page length keeps changing as the images load.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
One suggestion, if possible, can the thread load with place holders for the images, scaled to the size of the image.
It works that way for attached images, but it cannot be set when the images are directly linked like Jim's are. Also, increasing thread count per page makes the problem WORSE instead of attenuating it, which was the main reason I set it at 20 threads per page to begin with...

I've set us back to a default of 20, which I think is a more optimal performance/readability setting for the general membership... Individuals that want to change this, can select from 10 to 50 in increments of 5 or 10 if they prefer something different...

Cheers,