The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

x1 makes lazy - is this good?

Paratom

Knowing that a MF bacl will beat the M9 in pure IQ and the M9 will beat the x1 in IQ the x1 still delievers so good IQ and handles so nice and simple and easy that way to often I just want to grab the x1.
Using the x1 is so simple also because of the prime lens no decisions to make which focal length to use, you got that fill flashh allways with you, the shutter is so quit that there is nearly nothing between you and other people if you take images.
The AF is very slowish and the display not too great but the overall experience is very good.
Still I think I shall force myself to more often bring the M9 and to more often also use my MF gear.
Maybe it is also the hot weather we have here which makes me lazy.
Anyone else having this kind of x1 experiece?

rmueller

Very funny, same here. Since i have the X1 i carry it with me and find myself
too often leaving the MF gear at home. But well, maybe its really just the
heat. I don't care too much about the drawbacks that has been reported here
and on other forums, the IQ that comes out of this tiny camera and lens is amazing.

Regards,
Ralf

retow

Knowing that a MF bacl will beat the M9 in pure IQ and the M9 will beat the x1 in IQ the x1 still delievers so good IQ and handles so nice and simple and easy that way to often I just want to grab the x1.
Using the x1 is so simple also because of the prime lens no decisions to make which focal length to use, you got that fill flashh allways with you, the shutter is so quit that there is nearly nothing between you and other people if you take images.
The AF is very slowish and the display not too great but the overall experience is very good.
Still I think I shall force myself to more often bring the M9 and to more often also use my MF gear.
Maybe it is also the hot weather we have here which makes me lazy.
Anyone else having this kind of x1 experiece?
Same experience here. Just sold my M9 because of not using it enough next to the X1. The little one is simply good enough not to miss its big brother. Having a M9 at home on a shelf and see it depreciate over time was not something I could justify. I still have a MP and a first generation M8 to use the M lenses.

weinschela

Subscriber Member
I have both but still far prefer the M9. On a recent trip I used the 24mm Summilux most of the time and was very very happy with the image quality. Also was able to use a CV 12 when I needed it and a 50mm when I needed it -- all without carrying a heavy bag. I used the X1 as my 35mm, and was delighted with the quality -- it is just too limiting to abandon the M9 in favor of X1.

jonoslack

I have both but still far prefer the M9. On a recent trip I used the 24mm Summilux most of the time and was very very happy with the image quality. Also was able to use a CV 12 when I needed it and a 50mm when I needed it -- all without carrying a heavy bag. I used the X1 as my 35mm, and was delighted with the quality -- it is just too limiting to abandon the M9 in favor of X1.
I'm with you here - I usually have the X1 with me, but it's always the M9 which gets taken out of the bag. Nothing wrong with the IQ of the X1, but I'd prefer to use those lovely M lenses.

Paratom

the M9 is more camera and its IQ is superior but the x1 is just so convenient and IQ is still fine.
If I have some more time and patience (for example during vacation) I am sure I will use the M9 more often again.

jonoslack

the M9 is more camera and its IQ is superior but the x1 is just so convenient and IQ is still fine.
If I have some more time and patience (for example during vacation) I am sure I will use the M9 more often again.
Perhaps it's incidentals which control this - I always need (want) to carry a back up of source code (on an encrypted HD) and a decent method to deal with email (an iPad). This means I have to carry a small bag around at all times. . . . . so it's very little trouble to stick an M9 body and 2 lenses in as well as an X1.