The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for a long strap for M9

J

jifjif

I have been a long user of Artisan & Artist accessories but lately I have been looking for a long strap which I can have across my chest.

Any suggestions?

A&A seems to quite short and the longest ones I have seen are 1050 or 1080mm.

The length of stock strap that comes with your M is nice but I would like to have that rub protection on the nubs. I even considered X1 strap, which I think its one of the better simple leather strap I have seen but it doesnt have the nub protection or I dont think it will hold the weight of a M9.

thrice

I bought a $10 domke pouch, cut the regular rings off the strap and put split rings on it, great length strap with a rubber grip stitched into it.

J

jifjif

Thanks guys

I was considering Luigi's but as mentioned he is on holidays. What I love about X1 is the smoothness. I wonder if Luigi can duplicate the finish.

D

disambiguated

I have been a long user of Artisan & Artist accessories but lately I have been looking for a long strap which I can have across my chest.

Any suggestions?
Strongly recommend the LumaLoop 'rifle-strap'-type strap. Most useful photo accessory you'll ever buy - totally changes the way you shoot.

khiromu

I use Domke Gripper with or without swivel. You can adjust the length and it's long enough for me.
Hiromu

J

jifjif

Strongly recommend the LumaLoop 'rifle-strap'-type strap. Most useful photo accessory you'll ever buy - totally changes the way you shoot.
I thought about that. I have been quite skeptical. When I used to have D700, I thought I would work great but with M, I am not sure.

Do you use it on your M system?

P

Paul O'D

I just ordered a longer strap (140 mm) from Luigi as I found that the standard length was a little too short. I also ordered it with carabiner clips instead of the split rings so that I can quickly swith to a wrist strap when desired. I just received my M9 about two weeks ago and Luigi's half case fits like a glove.