The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What causes the pink line on the right of this picture ?

grappa

Taken with the 75mm Lux on an M9. Could the glare from the sun cause a vertical line ?
My M9 does the same with the 90mm Elmarit. It does not seem to happen with other lenses.

John Black

Looks like some form of flare. The lens hoods are fairly shallow and judging by the shadow's direction, the sun might catching the edge of the element. Does this happen when the sun is to your back? I have the 75 APO and M9 and have not seen that happen in my shots.

grappa

I have only seen it happen when facing the sun. The curious thing is that it appears as a couple of straight,pink,vertical lines.

John Black

Kodak built up the edges of the sensor with micro lenses to cope with light fall off, so maybe the oblique angle of the incoming light + narrow angle view of a telephoto hit the magical = vertical lines? It's just a guess. Forward an email to Stephan Daniel and see what he says.