The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

KENKO PL FINDER & C-PL VERNIER FILTER

kuau

Workshop Member
Well,
As i anxiously await the delivery of my M9, which I should have tomorrow,
I want to get a polarizing filter for my leica 35mm summarit.
Has anyone tried the Kenko solution the popflash sells?
I looked at also FilterView from Photo Equip because I already have 2 77mm B&W slimline polarizers that I use with my H3D setup but they told me they are sold and not sure when they will be getting more.

Steven

Don Hutton

If you really need a polarizer for a Leica, the Leica solution works very well - and while expensive new, can be found second-hand for decent prices. If you have varied filtration needs, the Lee RF system works very well on rangefinder cameras too - and you can stack other filters with a polarizer with it (like ND grads)... I have both - probably use the Leica more often, but the Lee RF system is very nice and covers other bases.

kuau

Workshop Member
Don,
I have been looking for a used leica solution, but have been able to find one used.
Hmm.. I have read that some people like the leica solution and some people don't like it at all. DIfferent strokes for different folks I guess.

Steven

Don Hutton

I'd try a WTB ad here - I'd think there must be many of those sitting in the cupboard which never get used... The Leica solution is really well thought out and probably the easiest in use of all the various types I've tried on a RF. It comes with 39mm and 46mm adapter rings - if you use the 75 apo or the 135 apo, you'll also need a 49mm (and there's an empty spot for it in the handy case already) and you have it covered. www.ffordes.com in Inverness (UK) has one for 199 pounds at present and Camera West also has one for $399.

Last edited:

thrice

I have the Kenko Vernier PL system but don't use it.

I use a Lee RF75 system when shooting landscape and thus have come up with a better solution. I take the glass out of a 77mm Linear Polarising filter and slide that into one of the slots on the RF75. I have marked where the position of maximum polarisation is with a pencil on the edge of the glass.

Just another option :p