The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Got my M8 back from DAG

mwalker

Subscriber Member
FYI...It took two weeks from when it left my door until it arrived....not bad. Don does great work. The diagnosis;

M8... adjusted R/F $50
21 fine
28 cron fine
35 lux optical adjustment $90
50 Lux optical and mechanical adjustment $90

Total $230

shipping w 20K insurance $340

peace of mind priceless :)

dseelig

I have insurance with the hartford whenever I ship I just have to insure for the deductible value of 250 saves alot when shipping for repairs. David

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Outstanding Mike! Don does indeed do great work with reasonable prices and turn-around times.

charlesphoto

Is that the 35 asph? If so interested to hear if Don can take care of the focus shift issue from f2.8-5.6. Mine does that some, though it's so spot on at 1.4 I'm a bit afraid to monkey with it.

doug

Don tells me he's a bit swamped with this kind of work right now. I've got what looks like oil on the 280's aperture blades, he asked me to wait until later if it's not an immediate problem.

That is great to here Mike. It got back in plenty of time for your trip and now you can have confidence in it working properly.

Doug, I talked to Don a couple weeks ago about getting some work done and he also mentioned to me that he is very busy now. I can wait to get my work done, but I am guessing he will be busy for a while and eventually I will just have to get in line.

doug

I talked to Don a couple weeks ago about getting some work done and he also mentioned to me that he is very busy now. I can wait to get my work done, but I am guessing he will be busy for a while and eventually I will just have to get in line.
Yup, that's my thinking too. I'll send the lens when I don't need it back within two weeks.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Is that the 35 asph? If so interested to hear if Don can take care of the focus shift issue from f2.8-5.6. Mine does that some, though it's so spot on at 1.4 I'm a bit afraid to monkey with it.
Yes..the 35 asph

He is busy.....but... he is always busy:) He realized I was in a rush.. I took some woods shots this morning everything is right on ...deep in the woods 21 asph.
View attachment 4450

Last edited:

hdrmd

MW: Two weeks surprises me; very quick turnaround, indeed.. I like the very Kentucky Spring Green. In this part of the state it has rained heavily and everything is growing wildly. DR

mwalker

Subscriber Member
MW: Two weeks surprises me; very quick turnaround, indeed.. I like the very Kentucky Spring Green. In this part of the state it has rained heavily and everything is growing wildly. DR
Here too...it makes for good woods shots but the down side all the rain has made a bumper crop of bugs.

M

mrbig

Hi,

I'm a rookie around here... so can you please give me more info on DAG? I have a 35mm Summicron in need of work. Can they code a lens? Thanks.