The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 Titanium

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hasselblad has a Ferrari inspired version of a MFDB that it will sell. Not much that Hasselblad is introducing at Photokina ... so they too are featuring a special edition model. Again, some companies believe that if you are going to attend a show and you are in-between product cycles, you have to generate some PR with a splashy product announcement ... no matter the announcement worthiness.

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=4515

Kurt

rmueller

Hasselblad has a Ferrari inspired version of a MFDB that it will sell. Not much that Hasselblad is introducing at Photokina ... so they too are featuring a special edition model. Again, some companies believe that if you are going to attend a show and you are in-between product cycles, you have to generate some PR with a splashy product announcement ... no matter the announcement worthiness.

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=4515

Kurt
I would not be surprised if that is simply a persiflage of the Leica M9 Ti
announcement. The analogy is too much fun, a red Ferrari is so much
more exciting than this red family Audi car they showed the
other night :D
Well, one can only be sarcastic about such things :deadhorse:

2x2

Re: I like the bandolier...

I like the bandolier...

Let's hope Luigi makes a copy for the rest of us!! It would be easy to remove the camera from it with a simple grip or grip case on it.
Not sure if it has been mentioned already but in certain areas drawing your M from a holster like this could get you killed.

:thumbs:

Lloyd

Brad you are correct! That thread should soar to 20 pages in no time.
I agree. I tried to post, but I've forgotten my username and password for that site. I wanted to say that I don't think Leica has made a case for it, so I can't imagine anyone else doing so either. :D

Lloyd

That's not surprising. I don't think anyone thought they wouldn't sell. To me the issue is the fact that this disregards Leica's main consumer. There are backorders up the wahzoo for the new 35/1.4, but they'll be available on the new paperweight.

cam

i'm just mad that they didn't come up with an upgraded camera so people would start selling theirs for a price i can afford... sigh.

will probably buy the Fuji as that is one of the cheapest options to get a 35/2 in my arsenal...

Lloyd

will probably buy the Fuji as that is one of the cheapest options to get a 35/2 in my arsenal...
You know, that's a great option. The whole camera costs less than a used 35 Cron. You mentioned elsewhere that the X100 feels very light (or at least less substantial than the X1). The same was true of the Zeiss Ikon in comparison to the M camera bodies. I think I can live with that.:thumbup:

cam

You know, that's a great option. The whole camera costs less than a used 35 Cron. You mentioned elsewhere that the X100 feels very light (or at least less substantial than the X1). The same was true of the Zeiss Ikon in comparison to the M camera bodies. I think I can live with that.:thumbup:
i've got the Cron (the v.1). hell, i've even got the Lux! i just don't have a FF body to use it on...

if i ever said the camera felt lighter than the X1, i must've been drunk! seriously, they had it attached to mega-tripods and you couldn't lift it. not only that, the bodies were only prototypes so even if i got the chance, i think the finished product will be heftier.

i believe i said the X100 felt more substantial than the X1. as in solid, built like tank, i don't feel like i will break it if i breathe on it... it looks quite sweet, though, and gorgeously compact. but, like the Hexar AF, i don't think this thing is going to be a delicate flower. brick s***house is more like it!

it is definitely lighter and smaller and pocketable in a winter's coat than the digital M's...

just wanted to correct that, lest you be excited because of my poor phrasing somewhere else.

oh, and the built-in VF, imo, makes this camera seem much better balanced. i think i have lost my taste for VF attachments.

and back to the Ti, now that i've hijacked the thread?

i didn't think it possible, but it is even uglier in person. truly hideous!!!

as someone who has been lusting after both the Jahre M7 and an M9, it is no mean feat that i think this... i would almost be embarrassed to be spotted using this if it was given to me free. i say almost, because who could pass up free? nothing a little gaffers tape and scissors couldn't fix :p

4season

...apparently Leica already has 1500 orders for the 500 cameras that will be made.
Who's laughing now? :D

If you buy a Leica, you will always have a camera to shoot. If you invested your money in the stock or housing markets, well...

I have just finished reading this thread, and now I feel ashamed.:(
I ordered the Ti yesterday and I was not the first here, in Moscow. And I am no plutocrat.

What to do? Place a deposit on Monday, or upgrade my four year old car?:confused: Doubts, doubts, doubts.
But I like titanium lenses, I even have a solid titanium 1,4/50 from an m7 ti set and I use it on my black m9... And I know a machinist who can mill me titanium lugs...

Yevgeny

Leicadoc

Unless the price includes a majority share of Leica stock with purchase of the camera at this price (which, if decisions like this continue, might not be so far-fetched), someone in Solms must have made the decision to make these after 5 too-many vodkas...

cam

I have just finished reading this thread, and now I feel ashamed.:(
I ordered the Ti yesterday and I was not the first here, in Moscow. And I am no plutocrat.

What to do? Place a deposit on Monday, or upgrade my four year old car?:confused: Doubts, doubts, doubts.
But I like titanium lenses, I even have a solid titanium 1,4/50 from an m7 ti set and I use it on my black m9... And I know a machinist who can mill me titanium lugs...

Yevgeny
oh, do not feel bad at all! everybody was just having fun!

if you really love titanium (and i do too!)... i personally have no problem using it on a black body but, i have to admit, it does look better on a ti body.

my problem with the looks of this camera is that the dark grey leather (skin?) does not go all the way around the body so they could put that stupid hand strap. if they got rid of that, and wrapped it all around, i would have been quite miserable that i'd not been able to afford my dream camera. truly... call me a traditionalist.

and having a machinist to drill you lugs that should have been there in the first place? superb!

if this is your dream, go for it!

(four years on a car is not old at all...)

we would all be thrilled that one of the 500 is actually going to get used -- as it should!

ashwinrao1

Agreed with CAM. Please use the camera and report back, as I will never have one. I am most curious about what, if any, will trickle down eventually....