The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 Titanium

weinschela

Subscriber Member
My understanding is that they are all sold. So a quick pile of cash for Leica. . Leica will gross 11 million Euros and the margins on this must be enormous

Silly to me. If I had that kind of money I would buy myself an S2 and use it rather than something to put in a display case. And as an investment, I wonder whaether there will ever be any kind of return on such an electronic item.

But 500 people have their own ideas and I say this was a clever way for Leica to put money in its pocket that can be used for development of a camera I could think about buying.

Seascape

If we are seeing the future (meaning the body shape and styling) of the next Leica M, then I'm glad they have got the look done (with the help of the Audi Design Team). I think it is a handsome design......titanium aside.

Lets hope that we can now move on with a next generation sensor, and some genuine new features (maybe focus confirmation and electronic frame lines for example), so that the M10 can be an all new design.

Here's hoping :cool:

eleanorbrown

For the life of me I cannot in a million years understand what all the attraction to the M9Ti is about.....Just don't get it. I have a black M9 (with one of those flush with the top of the camera) Thumbs Up holding devices with 4 incredible black M lenses, and can't imagine anything I would like better. Why in the world would anyone pay all that money for a hand grip, Titanium metal and electonic frame lines????? Just don't get it. If only Leica would spend production time on backorders of cameras and lenses they would be in great shape. Eleanor

V

Vivek

I think Leica cranked up the production of their ordinary M9 and are using the M9Ti and the Neiman Marcus editions as marketing ploys- just to remind the Leica fans that how cheap the ordinary M9 really is.

proenca

Well for all of you, just a heads up : according to Leica, they are pretty much sold.

So your chances of grabbing this *beauty* are nearly gone....:)

proenca

Well for all of you, just a heads up : according to Leica, they are pretty much sold.

So your chances of grabbing this *beauty* are nearly gone....:)

For me the M9T is a design masterpiece. The simplicity itself is a testament to Leica quality -- I'd love to be able to just heft the camera let alone take it out and shoot with it.

There's nothing wrong with having the balls to pull off something like this successfully. Which Leica has done again.

It feels good to have something like an M9T to aspire to, sensible or not.

David K

Workshop Member
I suspect a lot of Leica guys are watch guys too. A while back I bought myself a Panerai in Tantalum (relatively close on the periodic table to Unobtainium). The watch sells at a substantial premium to the same one in a less difficult metal to work with. Panerai made this watch just to show they could and I suspect Leica might have had a similar mindset. Now if Leica would only make a Tantalum M9 to match my watch :)

woodyspedden

Well I, for one, agree with many posters who don't understand why this is a big deal. Much more money for Leica from a low volume of sales and hopefully this money will, in part at least, underwrite more R&D for working products for the rest of us.

I think there are some really good ideas and features embedded in the M9T and my hope is that this trickles down quickly to a new M9X or M10 or whatever. The M series is not dead by any stretch but there are many needs to bring it into the 21st century.

So go Leica. But whatever you do, be able to ship in a reasonable period of time. Us S guys really want our 120 Macro lenses etc.

Woody