The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 Titanium

Lloyd

Just announced at Photokina. Very fancy, electronic framelines. 22,000 Euro for the kit. :wtf: Hell, at that price, I'll take two. Leica is soo out of touch with its customers!

bradhusick

...and I suspect the titanium M9 has the same sh--ty low-res LCD screen as the regular M9

Leica could really improve their products in a meaningful way and they waste their time on jewelry. I love most of the things about my M9, but if they're going to charge $29,000 for this kit, you think they could at least put a decent LCD in it.

Oooooh... it has a new STRAP! Well, that explains the price.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay anyone that buys this I promise to call your spouse and rat you out.:D

Brad i have your wife's cell number don't even think about it. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Just kidding bud

Seriously you could buy there S2 for less.

bradhusick

Not me, man. I buy lots of their stuff, but this takes the cake. They can give one to Seal, but this mammal isn't biting.

gDallasK

I'm not going to pull the trigger on this one. I heard from a source inside Solms that Leica have an unobtainium model in development! Oh! Wait a minute - that's the one they've been selling for the past year!

:ROTFL:

Be honest... did any of us expect anything less?

And also be honest... isn't this just a little embarassing?

I don't know what audience they're playing to but I doubt if it's any of us commoners.

Peter Klein

For years, I've been one of those advocating for an LCD-based frameline that would:
1. Shift AND shrink/expand to match focusing distance.
2. Show only the frame of the currently-mounted lens (preview of others in a menu).
3. Not disappear in low light.

If they've done these things, then it's good. Hopefully, it will trickle down to the M10. Which I then might be able to afford on the used market sometime between, oh, 2017 and 2020. :cool:

As to the price, Brad said it best, and the rest of you ain't far behind him!

Edit, a few minutes later:
Nope, it's just the old mechanical frame mask, with an LED lighting it. Oh, well.

--Peter

Last edited:

RF_Licks

Yes,:wtf: but if Leica can sell it at that price, I'm sure they have done their research and know that there are collectors out there willing to pay for it. Not for us regular M users but these sales probably help to balance their books and keep them in business.

Joe

ashwinrao1

Uhhh....no...

Cool for the collectors, but that's it...will be interesting though, if at least to see what will eventually trickle down to future consumer M's, not this silly, 22K monstrosity....hahahahahahah

Leica Leica Leica...silly silly silly. I am the biggest Leicaphile in the world, but cummon, this is just bad PR, even if they decide to make it in limited quantities...

After a brief moment of facepalm, and thinking this is the end of Leica, I started thinking this is actually a brilliant idea. Pretty much every company needs some extra financing/funding right about now. Perhaps Leica figured out a way to self fund. I have to imagine the manufacturing cost is only slightly higher than the standard M9 and incremental too. Even if it costs 50 percent more to manufacture, that is a lot of extra pure profit.

I know this is correct, because if it isn't then Leica is just another company existing to gouge high-end customers and could care less about the rest of us.