The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

50mm Summilux ASPH Pricing

Given that this lens seems sold out everywhere, what would be a fair going prices for a mint condition one these days? I can't find one anywhere!

Thanks.

ashwinrao1

Depending on the seller's desire to sell rapidly, I have seen them go for $3000-$3400, typically at the higher end of the spectrum.

ramosa

I was in your shoes, too. I had wanted a new Lux 50 ASPH since the spring and finally found a new one toward the end of the summer (having been on on a waiting list at Popflash). I'd recommend that you contact them. (Tony and Alex are great, trustworthy and dependable, and they have good prices and tend to get new lenses when others cannot.) By the way, I love the lens. I had a Cron 50mm and really liked it, but really wanted the capacity for 1.4. No regrets in getting the Lux and selling the Cron. I was also lusting after a Cron 90 ASPH (which is another lens tha this darn hard to find), but my interest has changed and I want an Elmarit 90 now.

And I was in your shoes! :) I was after the Elmarit 90 for a while and managed to pick up an outstanding version.

TBH I'm having a little difficulty justifying the price differential of the Summilux over the Summicron - it's a lots of money for one stop, but I supposed when you need that extra stop, it could be priceless.

ramosa

ha. glad you found a nice elmarit 90! (it seems we want the same lenses and are both progressing, albeit inversely from one another.)

yes, at the 50mm focal length, lux versus cron really comes down to the extra stop. the lux is darn worth it to me, as i often shoot wide open. (i see the lux as offering a fine one-lens middle ground between the nocti and the cron.)