The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

how do you store your gear?

J

jifjif

As my collection and accessories increase at home, I am having trouble keeping them dust free but having easy access.

How do you keep your gear at home?

ashwinrao1

I use Pelican Cases to keep things stored and moisture free. Plus, they can be easily locked and stashed away....

kalex

I'm using StormCase. Similar to pelican. Its dust proof, air proof, water proof. Keeps my equipment in top shape when not in use

G

gmanp

I don't :)
Most of my stuff sits in a living room chair, with a jacket over it to keep my kittens off of it.
Or, it just sits out on a table after use for a bit before the chair.
If I go on a trip I put stuff in soft cases for transport.

Double Negative

Not Available
Most of my gear is in various bags, kept in a closet dedicated to photo gear. Lesser used items or "other stuff" is kept on shelving. I leave the bags open and the doors are cracked a bit (they're bi-folds) so air can circulate through it.

proenca

on a display shelf, on the corridor - kinda the photographic corner.

not much to be honest : M9, Japanese Anthracite MP, D2h and lenses, few cards.

So replying to your question, on a shelf ! :)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I would rather use it.

Reagan:
If it moves tax it
if ti keeps moving then regulate it
If it stops moving then subsidize it.

Bob:
If its used then use it
if it is not used then sell it
-bob

ramosa

I store it in a solid wooden chest. But having read this post, I am pondering getting a pelican or storm case to fit inside.

m_driscoll

Five, loosely closed, camera bags with one to two lenses in each bag kept in a closet. Desiccant packs in each bag. The rest is in the hall cabinet with an Eva-Dry mini dehumidifier in each drawer. Probably over kill because nothing ever gets wet in Seattle.

Cheers, Matt

Hacker

In a dry box, which is kept in a dry room. (some lenses are too big too fit, so I just leave them in bags which sit on a shelf).

jaapv

Subscriber Member
I don't store my gear; I use it. So it is important to be able to grab it when I want it. So it just sits on shelves in my study. I don't mind a bit of dust, when it is on the outside it does no harm, when it is on the inside or on the lens it is easily removed, as I own a Rocket Blower.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Well, Holland can be pretty wet as well...I recognize that for instance a tropical rainforest will make extra measures neccessary, but in general I feel that my gear should be able to stand similar climatic conditions that I can. So far Leica has not disappointed me.

meowzilla

I use water-tight/air tight container to store collectible pieces. In addition, I add acid-free desiccant to extract the moisture in the air.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I keep commonly used gear in a Kata DR-466i bag, ready to pick up and go.

645 gear lives in a big Nature Trekker backpack. Except the Mamiya 500, which lives in its own case.

Rarely touched stuff goes in a cabinet with glass doors.

Don Libby

My Leica gear is sitting in a bag that's either on the floor or table waiting for me to use it. My MF gear resides in a Pelican case.

Don