The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Open 60

robsteve

Subscriber
I went down to the Yacht Club to put a coat of varnish on my boat and ran into this. I managed to get a coat of varnish on before they got the boat in the air.

This is Vincent Riou's IMOCO Open 60, PRB, in Halifax to make repairs. During the Atremis Transat Race, Mr Riou hit a whale shark damaging the keel and necessitating abandoning ship to the the saftey of a nearby competitor's boat. A tug boat with Mr Roy's support team was dispatched from Halifax to find and tow in the stricken vessel.

The first image was with the 24mm, the next three with the wate and the last was with the 35mm Summicron ASPH.

Here they are working at getting the keel off. My attention span was too short, and I went home before they finished.

David K

Workshop Member
Hitting a shark in the middle of a race is about as bad a stroke of luck as you can get. Glad nobody was hurt. Interesting photos and great colors.

Kphelan

What kind of boat do you have that requires a coat of varnish? Pictures???

---Kent

I went down to the Yacht Club to put a coat of varnish on my boat and ran into this. I managed to get a coat of varnish on before they got the boat in the air.

This is Vincent Riou's IMOCO Open 60, PRB, in Halifax to make repairs. During the Atremis Transat Race, Mr Riou hit a whale shark damaging the keel and necessitating abandoning ship to the the saftey of a nearby competitor's boat. A tug boat with Mr Roy's support team was dispatched from Halifax to find and tow in the stricken vessel.

The first image was with the 24mm, the next three with the wate and the last was with the 35mm Summicron ASPH.

Here they are working at getting the keel off. My attention span was too short, and I went home before they finished.

robsteve

Subscriber
What kind of boat do you have that requires a coat of varnish? Pictures???

---Kent
I have a Ocean 42 Super Sport, sport fish. It is in the water in the background of the third and fourth pictures.

I was varnishing the teak cover boards that trim the cockpit.

Robert