The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

where to get a black or grey Leica dot ?

proenca

Hi there,

I would like to get a black or grey Leica dot ? Any chance who has one for sale ?

Yes, it does improve the high iso noise and provides extra 10mp of quality of the image, not forgetting that all the M lens start having AF.

So , where to get one ? :)

proenca

well DAG have them on the list... but he out of stock for ages... emailed him a few times and no reply !

so other options besides DAG ?

kim987s

They just received a shipment in and have them in stock as of last Friday. I just called them. They don't have the personnel to always answer email or update their website promptly.

shaunmlavery

They just received a shipment in and have them in stock as of last Friday. I just called them. They don't have the personnel to always answer email or update their website promptly.
I emailed dag about two weeks ago about one and they told me they would be in the following week. So, I guess this confirms it.

I guess it is now time for me to poney up the $20 for the black dot.

weinschela

Subscriber Member
I hope you understand that the red dot has significantly higher resolving power, better microcontrast, and spectaculaly good bokeh compared to the black dot. Bench tests confirm this. So better beware of the dreaded black dot syndrome.

proenca

I hope you understand that the red dot has significantly higher resolving power, better microcontrast, and spectaculaly good bokeh compared to the black dot. Bench tests confirm this. So better beware of the dreaded black dot syndrome.
My dear friend,

You are incorrect.

Everyone knows that the black dot bumps up the resolution by 10mp

Also, there is a two stop gain in high iso noise - Ken Rockwell did three essays and four cientific tests about it, go to his website and read it.

Also Putts made a very long test about red and black dot with no conclusion whatsoever, to be in par with its articles.

Im worried about the black dot syndrome though....