The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Exakta lenses on M9?

P

Photon

Does somebody know if lenses with an Exakta mount (Y1-type, I believe) would be usable on the M9? And, with what/which adapter?

Warmest,

Ton

www.tonvanmourik.com

Does somebody know if lenses with an Exakta mount (Y1-type, I believe) would be usable on the M9? And, with what/which adapter?

Warmest,

Ton

www.tonvanmourik.com
In theory, at least, such an adapter could be made, for focussing up to infinity. But there would be no coupling to the rangefinder, so they would have to be scale-focussed. Not very convenient, except possibly for extreme wide-angles. Not worth the trouble IOW.

Using them on a Visoflex for macro is another matter; there were lots of decent macro lenses for Exakta. Still, lenses like Leitz Hektor 135 or old Elmarit 90 (not Tele-Elmarit) can be used with their optical units removed and put on a Visoflex with suitable adapters, focussing all the way to infinity. Those lenses are rather inexpensive, and adapters would be easier to find than for Exakta lenses.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
I'm a bit at a loss why anyone would want to do so, with all that excellent vintage Leica glass out there.

proenca

I'm a bit at a loss why anyone would want to do so, with all that excellent vintage Leica glass out there.
same, but I suspect the reason is that the original poster has a wealthy collection of Exakta lens supply... otherwise I would be wondering the same reason jaap