The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bokeh shots

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Tim I took the liberty of cropping and also did some burning and dodging
That definitely helped! Thanks Guy. I'm always so reluctant to crop more than just a tiny bit. I need to get over that. You and Cindy saw it right away.

Thanks!
Tim

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I actually prefer the building in, and like the sky in the original. I think the problem I had with the image is more the "busyness" of the roses at the lower right, so I cropped from there and added a border, got this:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
What's that old parable? 7 blind guys and the elephant? Ha. Nice version Jack.

But I think the underlying deal (and this is what I was referring to when I said struggle) is that I saw something, but didn't really capture it. I have a dozen more angles of the roses and none of them really work for me. C'est La Vie! (apologies for my French).

Thanks!
Tim

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Man we need to stop eating from the same bowl of wheaties. I did almost exactly the same crop earlier. LOL

robsteve

Subscriber
With all the flower shots, I thought I would give the Noctilux a try at Macro. The wind was reasonable calm this evening and this was the best I could get hand held. I probably needed a focusing rail. In most of the images, I missed the focus. This is a Dianthus closeup using the Noctilux.

This image is copyrighted by the owner

M

MakiBar

Hello, this is my first post GetDPI.
I'm French, so please do not cry if my American is bad. Thank you.

You said bokeh ?

M9 + Summicron 50

M9 + Summilux 35

M9 + Noctilux 50/0.95