The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Guess that's why it's $10.5k...

Vlad

The amount of detail that the 50mm Noctilux Asph picks up even at f/0.95 is astounding to me. It never fails to amaze. I think the four ladies who craved their names into the wood would agree.

Though I am afraid that my copy is back-focusing - must investigate.

Handheld thru an 8 stop Helipan filter. Applied a light USM in post.

ashwinrao1

congrats, Vlad! great lens, but does have a CA issue...focussing is obviously challenging, but it's possible re: backfocussing. Good luck....

fotografz

Congratulations Vlad!!!!!

Do the ruler test to check for back focus. However, also check it with other lenses if possible to be sure it isn't just a rangefinder adjustment that's needed. If the rangefinder is off a little bit, this is the Lens that'll show it immediately! Also be sure you aren't doing any body sway since the DOF at 0.95 is wafer thin. I had to really tighten up my shooting technique with this lens.

I LOVE the 0.95. Just returned from a short vacation and shot more than half the images with the 50/0.95.

A few things I especially like about the lens is how it renders front Bokeh as well as back out-of-focus areas ... and even when stopped down a bit it retains that beautiful Nocti color and character.

The CA is odd ... sometimes it happens but usually it doesn't. Hardly any of my shots while in the bright Florida sun showed any signs of it even wide open with back-lighting.

I just started processing and loaded a few Nocti shots to my Smug-Mug page ... have a look ... click on Original Size to see large.

-Marc

http://fotografz.smugmug.com/Photog...-noctilux-095/14785318_yvK87#1102572686_U5Cgt