The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Here is one of my dog Stella taken Christmas day. Our first sizable snowfall on Christmas day in several years. It was great.

Bald River Falls taken during snowfall day after Christmas. Softness of the photo is caused by the snowfall.

Arif

Thank you Jono and Chuck for your kind comments. Here is one of the Temple of the Golden Pavilion (Kinkakuji).
Best regards,
Arif

CEH, your food photo is surprisingly good considering the conditions. I don't know what food was being served, but it looks tasty.

Arif, the last temple photo is stunning (great light) and your Maiko photos are always impressive.

Kurt, I am loving the street photos. You are adding to my desire for a long lens.

woodyspedden

CEH, your food photo is surprisingly good considering the conditions. I don't know what food was being served, but it looks tasty.

Arif, the last temple photo is stunning (great light) and your Maiko photos are always impressive.

Kurt, I am loving the street photos. You are adding to my desire for a long lens.
Hey Mark

You might want to try to find a Hassy V 250 SA. Wonderful lens I am told though I believe Kurt could shed light on this. You can buy a Hassy to S2 adapter from David to get things together. I have one which I use with the Hassy FE 110 2.0 and love the combination

happy new year

Woody

D&A

Hi Lloyd,

There is a lengthy thread posted here on Getdpi regarding this article and debating the merrits of the authors point of view. Lets just say it was a civil and "lively" discussion, as you can imagine. Just remember "duck" if you see a flying dinner plate heading your direction :bugeyes:

Dave (D&A)

Lloyd

Hi Dave. Thanks for enlightening me, I obviously hadn't seen that thread. Like in most things, looks like I'm behind the curve again.

douglasf13

Hi Jono,

Below is a link to a 2008 article from Kodak announcing Kodak's foray into making a new type CMOS sensor based on what appears (according to them) a new design that has some (many) of the advantages of CCD. Kodak actually made their first small CMOS sensors way back in 2001. The article is quite simple and understandable for us "lugheads" (which at this point, I'm only including myself in this group :) )

Within that article is a link to preliminary 2008 Kodak article entitiled Image Sensors 101: CMOS vs CCD . Although it relates to smaller sensors, it appears Kodak feels the gap between CMOS and CCD is closing. This article is very basic and doesn't contain much info.

Assuming this and more current technology based on similar ideas becomes available, maybe we'll see the higher ISO performing CMOS chips incorporated into cameras like the S2 and other DMF bodies sometime in the future.

Still this doesn't answer the other question of CMOS without AA filters. I'm in the dark about that one.

OK, here is the link to the main article (newer type of CMOS):

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+make+a+CMOS+sensor?&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Now here is the link to "Image Sensors 101: CMOS vs CCD":

http://pluggedin.kodak.com/post/?id=664294

Dave (D&A)
This is great reading from Jaokim, who works in the industry:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/893332/8#8504636