The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

seakayaker

Love the photographs and the commentary in this thread.

I remember in the '60's riding around in a VW bug, dreaming of a Karmann Ghia, which would be closer to a Porshe . . . . .

. . . . . last spring picked up a GF1, which got me interested in Rangefinders, so I picked up a used M8.2 . . . . . who knows in a few years when you folks are selling off these S2's at extremely affordable prices :angel: a used S2 just may be in the works.

Please keep on posting the photographs, many are stunning and all that I have viewed are very pleasing to the eye! :thumbs:

Hey Mark

You might want to try to find a Hassy V 250 SA. Wonderful lens I am told though I believe Kurt could shed light on this. You can buy a Hassy to S2 adapter from David to get things together. I have one which I use with the Hassy FE 110 2.0 and love the combination

happy new year

Woody
Thanks for the heads up Woody. I have been on the lookout (ebay watchlist) for various alternate lenses over the last month or so and haven't hit on the right deal just yet. I will look a little harder at the Hassy V 250 SA.

Mark

atanabe

Mark,
Save up your pennies . . . those 250 SAs are quite the collectable and go for $3600 and up. You may get a deal on one that has a bad shutter as you won't need it on the S2.

Wait a minute, what am I thinking, a $3600 lens on a Leica is a bargain! :salute:
Thanks for the heads up Woody. I have been on the lookout (ebay watchlist) for various alternate lenses over the last month or so and haven't hit on the right deal just yet. I will look a little harder at the Hassy V 250 SA.

Mark

Mark,
Save up your pennies . . . those 250 SAs are quite the collectable and go for $3600 and up. You may get a deal on one that has a bad shutter as you won't need it on the S2.

Wait a minute, what am I thinking, a $3600 lens on a Leica is a bargain! :salute:
HaHa, Al. That's a good one and sadly very true. I had intended to make my next lens a longish focal length, but at the last minute I ended up putting my money on the Leica S 35mm. That is why I am looking for a bargain in a long lens.

So true David. I wasn't dreaming of getting a bargain on a Leica lens. I'm thinking more along the lines of an S adapter and Hassy, Pentax, or Mamiya lens when I think bargain.

atanabe

Mark,
There are a lot of great Hasselblad lenses that can be had for a bargain. The 180 CF is one of them and I have seen great copies for around $1000, the 100 CF is another great lens and is under $1000. You can also get a 120 macro for about $600. The problem is getting used to manual focus again and if needed, stopping the aperture down before you shoot. You can get a brace of lenses for the cost of the Leica 180 and have fun.

So lets see, a lens hood for the 70 is ~ $250?

ceh

Lots of nice winter shots ... ceh. Here are a few of mine ...

Kurt, very nice pictures.
What lens did you use?

Vlad,
I have a CG 241 W, hardware calibration, D50, Gamma 2.2.
I am very happy with it.

jonoslack

Cenek - Kurt
Please don't show my pictures like this - please just keep them to yourselves will you?
It causes me pain! :deadhorse:

at any rate - have a FANTASTIC 2011

all the best

ceh

jonoslack
hesitate - buy S2 - fantastic camera - is the best..
8 sec.,f/11,manual exposure,manual focus,mirror up...

ashwinrao1

Here is one with the 180mm Summarit-S, a very nice lens.

Kurt, this is magnificent...truly spectacular. I see that you are enjoying this new tool! I wish I could muster up the courage (i.e. the funds) to get this, but I can't afford to do so, and am fully invested in the M system.

But like my pre-Noct f/0.95 days, I'll live vicariously through you!

ashwinrao1

Cenek - Kurt
Please don't show my pictures like this - please just keep them to yourselves will you?
It causes me pain! :deadhorse:

at any rate - have a FANTASTIC 2011

all the best
Agreed. Enjoy 2011. I feel like Jono, can't afford to have the S2, but I love your talented images, and see where your journey will take us!