The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

doug

... BTW, as far as the M lenses are concerned, I am telling everyone that I only rented them because they all appreciated in value. In fact, the increased value of my lenses compensates for the loss in value of the M8 and M8.2. And assuming I would have invested the money in stock at the beginning of 2007, I did way better....
Likewise for the 280mm f/4 APO. The difference between the current value and what I paid for mine six years ago would pay for a DMR @ current market value.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the comments on the 110/2 on the S2. I love using the lens on the S2 ...

Nice shots, ceh.

Tom, be very careful ... I've seen what you like to shoot over the past several years. I can't see you not keeping the S2.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Ceh, these shots are superb!

Tom, you need to get rid of the K5 if you want to keep the S2, otherwise your cupboard will be overfilled :D

Paratom

Kurt, Peter,
the problem is that so far the S2 AF works quite a bit better than I had expected. Also I get along pretty good with the user interface of the S2. One thing I dont like is the AF-button a little bit too far on the left for my hands, but its ok. I do like the 70mm focal length a lot-just right for my taste.
If the price was 70% of what it is I would immediatly get one.
But with the real price I am still "fighting" my stomach desire vs my brain decision (which says the S2 is just too expensive and I shall try to make the A900 work for me for high res images).
However the desire for S2 allready helped me to reduce my gear collection (allready sold some things I dont use much).

D&A

ceh, I was just about to mention that your 2nd shot doesn'thave quite the acuity as all your other posted S2 shots (and possibly overexposure) and then I had a second look and realized it was a crop of the 1st shot. Wow, that little balloon is up in the very right hand corner of the 1st shot...as Lloyd said, thats impressive detail! I still though can't make out what kind of lunch the ballonist is having? :)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Kurt, Peter,
the problem is that so far the S2 AF works quite a bit better than I had expected. Also I get along pretty good with the user interface of the S2. One thing I dont like is the AF-button a little bit too far on the left for my hands, but its ok. I do like the 70mm focal length a lot-just right for my taste.
If the price was 70% of what it is I would immediatly get one.
But with the real price I am still "fighting" my stomach desire vs my brain decision (which says the S2 is just too expensive and I shall try to make the A900 work for me for high res images).
However the desire for S2 allready helped me to reduce my gear collection (allready sold some things I dont use much).
Did you still keep the K5 and glass?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
+2.

It feels like these mountain shots could benefit from a high quality UV filter (?).

-Marc
+ another 2!
Maybe just working on the files in LR3.3 would reduce the dust in the air which is usually there if you shoot this time in the mountains.

Ceh, could you send me a DNG (or a link) then I could give it a try?

Paratom

Did you still keep the K5 and glass?
Peter, I havent given up on the K5 yet. I have the sensor "dirt"problem and my K5 will be replaced. Also Pentax said the AF shall be improved with next firmware so I will give it a chance. Also depends what happens with my other stuff.

Here are are few from my trip to Key West.

First is with Leica S 70mm and polarizer. This was taken at Fort Zachary Taylor Park and there was an art exhibit along the shore. I believe I used the art as intended.

This one was taken with a Hasselblad 350mm CF kindly loaned to me from Al Tanabe. It is fun to have the extra reach.

Another with the Hasselbald 350mm CF

And, yet another with the Hasselblad 350mm. This time it's a portion of another art exhibit at the park.

Getting close to sunset. Taken through one of the art exhibits with the Leica S 180mm

End of the day with the Leica S 35mm and a touch of flash

atanabe

Mark,
Nice shots, the 350 seems to look good on the jpg resolution. How is it holding up on the raw files?

Al

ceh

Peter,
The DNG fiIe will be sent soon.:)

fotografz,
I have knowledge that apart from the front lens element protection there is no reason to use a UV filter in digital photography as there is a UV cover glass on a sensor, which serves instead... am I wrong?

Help from the 2,5/35 lens owners would be appreciated,
I need to know how many aperture blades are there in this lens. I am in two minds about it and Hasselblad CFE IF 4/40 which allows to achieve such an effect: