The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

woodyspedden

A quick shot from the Tetons in September. Very little post. I used David Farkas' profile which adds richness to the image. Enjoy

Woody

ceh

David,
my dealer told me the delivery date for APO macro 120 - April, May 2011...:(
I have only 2.5 Summarit 2,5/70...

jonoslack

Oh Dear
I'm going to have to put this thread on my 'mustn't look' list.
ceh - great shot of the green balls. David love the shot of your wife (even if I have seen it before). Terry - glad you braved the subject matter and between you you've managed to come up with the goods.

all the best

2x2

Sorry, can offer only a link.
http://gallery.lfi-online.de/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=21962&cat=11278

Please click on pictures for description.

These S2 shots (with 70/f2.5 Summarit-S) are a little different than what has been shown here so far. (That's what the job called for.)
I pushed the camera to its limit, yet the results are pretty cool.
Maybe not all that visible in those small jpegs but please believe me when I say those shots are blurry (motion blur) and sharp at the same time.
Also, everything happened in camera, no colour manipulation in post.

(Forgot to say, ISO is 160)

m_driscoll

Oh Dear
I'm going to have to put this thread on my 'mustn't look' list.
ceh - great shot of the green balls. David love the shot of your wife (even if I have seen it before). Terry - glad you braved the subject matter and between you you've managed to come up with the goods.
all the best
Jono: Me too! Although there's a poster at the Leica store. I could pick up a body and a couple of lens up for about $1,000/ mo. :scry:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Sorry, can offer only a link.
http://gallery.lfi-online.de/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=21962&cat=11278

Please click on pictures for description.

These S2 shots (with 70/f2.5 Summarit-S) are a little different than what has been shown here so far. (That's what the job called for.)
I pushed the camera to its limit, yet the results are pretty cool.
Maybe not all that visible in those small jpegs but please believe me when I say those shots are blurry (motion blur) and sharp at the same time.
Also, everything happened in camera, no colour manipulation in post.

(Forgot to say, ISO is 160)
Nice work Harald. :salute: I about swallowed my tongue when I saw that you'd shot these with an S2! Then I saw it was a loaner. When does yours arrive? :D

ceh

Today I add one picture - autumn start..
Big Rozsutec Peak, Mala Fatra Mountain, Slovakia.

doug

must not look ... must not look ... must not look ... I wonder how well those adapters work with long Pentax or Hasselblad lenses ... must not look ... must not look ... I hear the viewfinder is to die for ... must not look ...

bensonga

must not look ... must not look ... must not look ... I wonder how well those adapters work with long Pentax or Hasselblad lenses ... must not look ... must not look ... I hear the viewfinder is to die for ... must not look ...
I agree.....these are some impressive looking images! Well done guys.

Gary

Doug, the viewfinder is a manual focuser's dream even with the stock focusing screen. It will be even better when the split image screen comes out. I read where Kurt just picked up a Hasselblad 250mm and another S2 user is getting an adapter to use his Pentax 400mm. I can't wait to hear how these combinations work out. I am seriously considering the Pentax 400mm or 600mm.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Great to see the thread taking shape. Thanks for all of the input, everyone!

Thanks for the comments Amin, Steve, Matt, GMB, Dave, Gary and Lloyd.

Ashwin ... never say never. ;) It should be an interesting journey. You don't know how hard it was to give up the Noctilux.

Thanks for posting images CEH, Terry, David, 2X2, and Woody. Thanks for posting something also, Guy ... and for providing this place for us all to continue to have so many interesting conversations about our gear choices.

Osman, that's great to know about the name meaning ... I'm glad it doesn't mean something like chump or turkey!

Doug and Gary, I found a copy of the Zeiss Hasselblad 250/4 on KEH for $600. I haven't done much research on the lens, but for $600 it was a no-brainer to give it a try ... considering the price of Leica lenses. The lens is scheduled to arrive this coming week. I'll post a few images when I've had a chance to try it out. There is a pair of Red Tail Hawks that have been hanging around in the woods down the road that I'd love to get a closer look at.

Here are a couple of shots from yesterday ... first snowfall of the year. The farmer down the road made great use of the cold snowy weather to get his Christmas tree sales off to a great start.

m_driscoll

Great to see the thread taking shape. Thanks for all of the input, everyone!

Thanks for the comments Amin, Steve, Matt, GMB, Dave, Gary and Lloyd.

Ashwin ... never say never. ;) It should be an interesting journey. You don't know how hard it was to give up the Noctilux.

Thanks for posting images CEH, Terry, David, 2X2, and Woody. Thanks for posting something also, Guy ... and for providing this place for us all to continue to have so many interesting conversations about our gear choices.

Osman, that's great to know about the name meaning ... I'm glad it doesn't mean something like chump or turkey!

Doug and Gary, I found a copy of the Zeiss Hasselblad 250/4 on KEH for $600. I haven't done much research on the lens, but for $600 it was a no-brainer to give it a try ... considering the price of Leica lenses. The lens is scheduled to arrive this coming week. I'll post a few images when I've had a chance to try it out. There is a pair of Red Tail Hawks that have been hanging around in the woods down the road that I'd love to get a closer look at.

Here are a couple of shots from yesterday ... first snowfall of the year. The farmer down the road made great use of the cold snowy weather to get his Christmas tree sales off to a great start.
Kurt: Really nice. This one has great composition and selective focus. Also, reminds me that i need to go to the bank to get a loan for this year's christmas tree! :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com