Site Sponsors
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 2463

Thread: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    I haven't had much time to really get into the S2 with adaptor and V lenses yet however I am impressed with the 'playability' of the files from this camera ...left one is 100/2 Zeiss - hand held @ 1/60th - and center is a B&W conversion again the 100/2 @ 1/125th right hand side shows the rendition of the 75 Summarit - which I think is an outstanding lens ( and I get to post a puppy shot)

I am really pleased to see the different drawing of the V versus Leica lenses but it looks like I will be forking out the cashola to buy some more selected Leica glass.

I think we need a split screen for manual focus - that woudl be a great help for exact focus. I love the hand holdability of this camera - the ergonomics are the main reason I bought into it and have no regrets at all. The biggest surprise is the batteries - WOW - I use a handgrip as well but I haven't had to charge the batteries since new - they just keep on going and going and going..
    Peter

I believe a split screen for the S2 is already available. Check with your dealer

Woody

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I haven't seen the split screen available yet, but it is supposed to be out soon I hear. I will be getting one when it becomes available. The grid screen is available now.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I haven't had much time to really get into the S2 with adaptor and V lenses yet however I am impressed with the 'playability' of the files from this camera ...left one is 100/2 Zeiss - hand held @ 1/60th - and center is a B&W conversion again the 100/2 @ 1/125th right hand side shows the rendition of the 75 Summarit - which I think is an outstanding lens ( and I get to post a puppy shot)

I am really pleased to see the different drawing of the V versus Leica lenses but it looks like I will be forking out the cashola to buy some more selected Leica glass.

I think we need a split screen for manual focus - that woudl be a great help for exact focus. I love the hand holdability of this camera - the ergonomics are the main reason I bought into it and have no regrets at all. The biggest surprise is the batteries - WOW - I use a handgrip as well but I haven't had to charge the batteries since new - they just keep on going and going and going..
    Dog shot rocks Peter ... I had one of those "Grey Ghosts" when I was a kid ... hell of a hunter. All the bullies in the neighborhood were terrified of him. Darned eerie looking when the light caught his eyes.

-Marc

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Marc - nice money clip you got there!

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Another S2-P P67 165 Lens Combination.

Cross Vine

This is testing 1200 rather than 900 in gallery....

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

S2-P S 70 Lens at 1200 Horizontal

Train Yard

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Marc - "Archie" is next door neighbour's dog -at first sight looks scary - but he is a gentle creature has a great relationship with our dog Ralph..

the first shot is a cropped ( for here) 'money shot' for landscape Architectural firms advertsising -they wanted a photograph that looked like an autocad rendition...the real benefit of 30/40/ 80 megapixels ( for me ) is the amount of play the files provide - before they collapse into goo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Woody - I don't think a split screen is out yet - maybe David F can chime in..

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not that I know of Peter ... and it is needed even for the S lenses used manually. A split diagonal with large micro-prism circle would be most welcome for manual work, especially Macro ... despite the bright viewfinder, it's still a bit difficult to manually nail critical focus.

A clip-on flip magnifier from Bright screen would also be most welcome

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Peter

I think you and Mark Gowin are correct. According to Mark, the grid screen is now available and the split prism microprism ring is due out soon.

Sorry

Woody

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Peter,

Good to see you posting and these are some very nice shots.

Marc,

Outstanding images with the 120 macro.

Attention Leica: Another vote for delivering a split prism screen ASAP. I frequently focus manually in situations where I can't center a models eyes and focus/recompose kills the flow.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the microprism/split image screen and it really is quite nice. In fact, I saw the microprism screen before I ever saw the grid screen, yet the grid screen starting shipping already. I'm not sure what the hold-up is in getting these out the door. Hopefully, we won't have to wait much longer.

As you can see by the photo through the viewfinder, the split screen is very bright and the split image totally disappears once you nail focus.

David
    David Farkas
    Leica Store Miami
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Off topic and certainly no news for the experienced shooters here.

I finally go a monopod today. Wow--what a difference that made. I shot the 180 at between 1/15 and 1/30 and most came out sharp. Probably one of the best accessories there is!

Having shot an M for the last 5 years, I never used one. Great discovery. Now only need to find the right head.

To illustrate

180 at 320 asa, f 3.5 and 1/25

and here a crop

BTW, how do you make a 100% crop?

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

David F... put me on the list... I want one.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GMB View Post
    A 100% crop is simply a crop of a section of a photo at it's original (i.e., 100%) resolution.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Georg,

If you are using Lightroom, just crop the image to a reasonable dimension. You can change your View Options under the View menu to include Cropped Dimensions, then check Show Info Overlay.

When you export, be sure to make sure Resize to Fit is unchecked. The resolution box is irrelevant, btw. Don't worry about it. I also uncheck Output Sharpening.

The resulting file is a 100% crop, guaranteed, meaning that 1 pixel on the sensor is represented at 1 pixel on screen.

I'm attaching some screenshots for clarity's sake. The first is what the Loupe info looks like on the full file. The second is the Loupe View options dialog. The third is what you will see in the Develop Module when cropping. Not the upper left corner now shows a file about 1200 pixels wide - perfect for posting. Lastly, the Export dialog shows where Image Sizing is.

Hope this helps.

David
    David Farkas
    Leica Store Miami

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    David F... put me on the list... I want one.
    You got it.
    David Farkas
    Leica Store Miami

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfarkas View Post
    You got it.
    David,

I would love to get in line....

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

I finally go a monopod today. Now only need to find the right head.
    I believe that Marc has mentioned this before...

RRS Monopod heads are superb ... I have used one for years. Prior model was not as robust as these.

http://reallyrightstuff.com/Items.as...e=MH01&key=cat

I prefer this over the lever clamp models as I have heard of some of them releasing at the most inauspicious times.

http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductD...Pro-II&key=ait

I use the same screw model with my BH-55 ball head.

Bob

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    I believe that Marc has mentioned this before...

RRS Monopod heads are superb ... I have used one for years. Prior model was not as robust as these.

http://reallyrightstuff.com/Items.as...e=MH01&key=cat

I prefer this over the lever clamp models as I have heard of some of them releasing at the most inauspicious times.

http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductD...Pro-II&key=ait

I use the same screw model with my BH-55 ball head.

Bob
    Yep, that's the one I've been using. Very secure and fast for spontaneous shooting from landscape to portrait orientation compared to using a L QR clamp requiring removal of the camera. A must for the fast paced kind of work I do, especially weddings and portraits.

Interesting shooting tip: ... I found that when going from landscape to portrait with this RRS monopod head, the camera viewfinder lowers quite a bit. So I also added a relatively inexpensive black Benbo A49F Monopod that has fairly substantial QR levers as opposed to the screw collars on my bigger Gitzo mono. I then use the top lever to quickly readjust the height. Probably a sacrilege to use a $80 Monopod with the S2 , but it looks good and works great.

-Marc

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I've seen the microprism/split image screen and it really is quite nice. In fact, I saw the microprism screen before I ever saw the grid screen, yet the grid screen starting shipping already. I'm not sure what the hold-up is in getting these out the door. Hopefully, we won't have to wait much longer.

As you can see by the photo through the viewfinder, the split screen is very bright and the split image totally disappears once you nail focus.

David
    Man David, that is precise ... wish it was a diagonal split, but anything is better than nothing.

Thanks for posting this.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Texas Spring is upon us here in Colleyville...winds 25 with gust to 55...where oh where is that Buzzard Bay 14 when I need it.

So I spent the day weeding and gardening then upgraded the S 70 to the newest firmware.

Couple of shots inside....

Not a science fair project ... future plantings for a friend.

Avocadoe....

Pillows

Texas Convention

Goose decoy

Skates and Toboggan

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

David, if I'm not already on your list for the split screen, then please put me down. Your photo example looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Georg,

If you are using Lightroom, just crop the image to a reasonable dimension. You can change your View Options under the View menu to include Cropped Dimensions, then check Show Info Overlay.

When you export, be sure to make sure Resize to Fit is unchecked. The resolution box is irrelevant, btw. Don't worry about it. I also uncheck Output Sharpening.

The resulting file is a 100% crop, guaranteed, meaning that 1 pixel on the sensor is represented at 1 pixel on screen....
    Hope this helps.

David
    Thank you for this tip. I feel pretty dumb for not figuring this one out earlier.

Post Thanks / Like

Georg,

The resulting file is a 100% crop, guaranteed, meaning that 1 pixel on the sensor is represented at 1 pixel on screen.

Hope this helps.

David
    David--Thanks. That is what I eventually did when posting the crop in my above post. Just wasn't sure it gave 100%.

Georg

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gowin View Post
    David, if I'm not already on your list for the split screen, then please put me down. Your photo example looks great.
    David

Might as well put me on the list as well

Woody

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Marc,

Are you looking for a solution like this?

What you see here is an Arca Swiss 6x9 F-Classic with an S2 mounted on the back via an adapter board (one of a kind right now - we had it made) and a Rodenstock Digital APO Sinorar-S 120mm f/5.6 on the front. Yes, it works. Yes, you can get infinity focus. No, there are no issues with microlenses with any of our testing so far.

The caveat is that wider lenses like the 35 or 45 do not achieve infinity focus, so this is a table-top only setup right now.

David
    David Farkas
    Leica Store Miami

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Marc,

Are you looking for a solution like this?

What you see here is an Arca Swiss 6x9 F-Classic with an S2 mounted on the back via an adapter board (one of a kind right now - we had it made) and a Rodenstock Digital APO Sinorar-S 120mm f/5.6 on the front. Yes, it works. Yes, you can get infinity focus. No, there are no issues with microlenses with any of our testing so far.

The caveat is that wider lenses like the 35 or 45 do not achieve infinity focus, so this is a table-top only setup right now.

David
    ME WANTY!

Put me on any list you are starting David! Keep us posted on any progress.

-Marc

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lets try and keep those sales stuff to PM folks. Dealers respond in PM's also. Unless your willing to start paying us sales commissions.

Buy a banner
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Lets try and keep those sales stuff to PM folks. Dealers respond in PM's also. Unless your willing to start paying us sales commissions.

Buy a banner
    C'mon Guy. This is not really sales stuff as this is a hand made unit designed to show concept of what could be done with a current digital camera and an M Line camera. Shows of concept show up on this forum from time to time and can be useful to some.

Woody

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not talking about the cam . Focusing screens take it offline. David knows better. There are RULES for dealers. FOLLOW THEM.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy I think that David was responding to member interest in avaliability of a split screen finder for the S2 - apparently one is coming but not yet available..

I have to say though the arca device looks interesting too..Sinar have a similar outfit from mempory Sinar have recently released a DSLR type adaptor as well - but probably not with an S2 adaptor yet..I shall ask my dealer down here about it and report back.

The S2 is a niche product (compared to tother MFD gear) but GEtDPi seems to have a growing number of eccentrics who like the system! So this is a natural place for us to swap quesitons/observations.

Maybe ther eshoudl be a dedicated S2 forum somwhere - that would be interesting and useful and maybe less likely to break forum rules? Anyone know of any such forum?

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pete let me make this perfectly clear ( IN PUBLIC) so everyone CLEARLY understands . This is the second WARNING to THIS dealer in this one thread alone. He was been warned before for other violations before in several threads. How far do you want me to take this because i should have banned him a long time ago. I don't give a rats *** how nice a guy he is to his customers or whatever and he was once regarded as a friend. They need to follow certain rules here and he knows it. The ONLY reason he is still here is because of Leica and no other. Otherwise he would be long gone.

This is not up for debate. So folks you need to realize how long I have stretched this banning out and have to understand MY issue with it.

You have a comment . PM ME

Dealers here follow special rules.

Thank You for your understanding of this. But my foot is down on this one.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rules is rules.

I'd suggest to David that he clearly add his contact information on every post so those interested in things he shows in answer to requests or desires for the S2 can contact him directly.

David,

The Sinar issue with the wider lenses not achieving infinity ... seems it would require recessed lens board and a bag bellows ... no? Or does the depth of the camera from mount flange to sensor present too great a distance to achieve infinity? My main interest would be more for table top with the 90 and 120 lenses I already have, but I could well see others wanting wide capability.

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post

Buy a banner
    Guy,
    After seeing your post above, I re-checked the rules and went back through the thread looking for the offending post and could not find what you are talking about. If my post asking David to put me on his list for the focus screen was the problem then please call me out on a rule violation, not him. He didn't even respond to my post or others asking to be put on the list. David offered technical information about the focus screen and did not offer pricing much less solicit sales.

Please note I posted this reply in the public forum versus pm simply because your post "warning" the dealer was public so it's reasonable for the public to better understand the rules. I don't want to cause problems for any dealer buy asking the wrong question or making the wrong comment so I need to better understand what the rules are.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Please read

Dealers here follow special rules that have nothing to do with members rules. Pretty simple. Further questions PLEASE PM me.

Thanks have a great evening.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Since I already had the prop ... My New S2 Screen Saver:

Lured by the Red Dot ... WHAM!

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good one Marc. The red dot replacement of the money is very appropriate.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The golden mousetrap is an apt prop for the Leica S2. You sure you've never done this before

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    The golden mousetrap is an apt prop for the Leica S2. You sure you've never done this before
    Not with a S2 in the photo. I already admitted to milking the prop

-Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Last of the exploration of S2-P and P67 lenses for a bit....

Macro P67 100 Both Handheld...first at 1/15 second at 1/30 second

Pink Rose

Cam Hughes 188

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

So, you think YOU have problems...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hallelujah!

The S120 macro is on its way to me. I just had back surgery on Monday but by Friday I should be fine to get some images

Woody

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    So, you think YOU have problems...

Oh, thats baaaad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    Hallelujah!

The S120 macro is on its way to me. I just had back surgery on Monday but by Friday I should be fine to get some images

Woody
    Just in time for wildflower season. Take care of that back.

Post Thanks / Like

I took the time to lock the S2-P and P67 100 Macro down and shot a bit
    on tripod....

Pink Rose

Orchids

Even at moderate distances the lens is will controlled.

Easter Theme 1

Bob

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bob, these shots look terrific. That P67 macro seems to be a winner...

Post Thanks / Like

... the lens is will controlled.
    If only!

I meant well controlled.

David, thanks for the feedback. I received the 1:1 adapter for the lens and am looking forward to seeing how it images. It fits onto the front of the lens so no major changes to add or remove it.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

I took the time to lock the S2-P and P67 100 Macro down and shot a bit
    on tripod....

Pink Rose

Bob
    I like this one a lot. Having printed S2 files, I can imagine how this would look in a print.
    I got the S2 120 today. I just had a few minutes to play with it. Here is a gran shot from the garden, hand held. Nothing special (just to test the focus) and not comparable to Bob's shot.

And here a 100% crop. Detail is quite amazing

Georg

Post Thanks / Like

Two more from the S2-P and P67 100 Macro....

Distant

Closer

Bob
    Last edited by docmoore; 23rd April 2011 at 15:01.